Reports of vehicle ‘spinning’ in A1(M) Hatfield crash
- Credit: Archant
Police, ambulance and fire crews were called to a crash on the A1(M) in Hatfield today.
Police received a call at 12.09pm to Junction 4.
A police spokeswoman said: “The person calling said a vehicle had spun just after the tunnel.”
Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City fire crews attended and removed two people from the vehicle.
The people were left in the care of the ambulance service.
An ambulance spokesman said: “The East of England Ambulance Service Trust was called to a road traffic collision on the A1 near Hatfield at 12.09pm today.
“An ambulance and a rapid response vehicle attended and treated two patients.
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 4 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 5 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 8 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 9 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
“They were both taken to Lister Hospital for further care.”
The police spokeswoman added: “The car was an Alfa Romeo and it suffered a flat tyre, meaning it left the carriageway and came to a rest up on the bank.
“The female driver was uninjured and the car has now been recovered.”