‘Repay the public in Potters Bar after the expenses scandal’ - defeated Labour candidate tells Clappison
TORY MP James Clappison has been warned to “repay” the public for their faith in him.
Defeated Labour parliamentary candidate Sam Russell, who came second overall, told the Potters Bar Edition that Mr Clappison was “found out” during the campaign over the expenses scandal.
“He <the MP> now has to repay the trust that has been shown in him and if he doesn’t Labour will be fighting him all the way.”
The 26-year-old went on to say that dispite Labour losing votes in Hertsmere, he was happy that they had stopped the Lib Dems from progressing any further.
“We have beat them in their strong areas, like Potters Bar and Bushey, despite strong campaings and the Nick Clegg factor.
You may also want to watch:
“Although it was close between us and the Lib Dems, mathmatically they have not gained percentage wise at all,” he added, “we’re really pleased to keep hold of second place.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre