‘Repay the public in Potters Bar after the expenses scandal’ - defeated Labour candidate tells Clappison
TORY MP James Clappison has been warned to “repay” the public for their faith in him.
Defeated Labour parliamentary candidate Sam Russell, who came second overall, told the Potters Bar Edition that Mr Clappison was “found out” during the campaign over the expenses scandal.
“He <the MP> now has to repay the trust that has been shown in him and if he doesn’t Labour will be fighting him all the way.”
The 26-year-old went on to say that dispite Labour losing votes in Hertsmere, he was happy that they had stopped the Lib Dems from progressing any further.
“We have beat them in their strong areas, like Potters Bar and Bushey, despite strong campaings and the Nick Clegg factor.
You may also want to watch:
“Although it was close between us and the Lib Dems, mathmatically they have not gained percentage wise at all,” he added, “we’re really pleased to keep hold of second place.”
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 9 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog