‘Repay the public in Potters Bar after the expenses scandal’ - defeated Labour candidate tells Clappison
TORY MP James Clappison has been warned to “repay” the public for their faith in him.
Defeated Labour parliamentary candidate Sam Russell, who came second overall, told the Potters Bar Edition that Mr Clappison was “found out” during the campaign over the expenses scandal.
“He <the MP> now has to repay the trust that has been shown in him and if he doesn’t Labour will be fighting him all the way.”
The 26-year-old went on to say that dispite Labour losing votes in Hertsmere, he was happy that they had stopped the Lib Dems from progressing any further.
“We have beat them in their strong areas, like Potters Bar and Bushey, despite strong campaings and the Nick Clegg factor.
You may also want to watch:
“Although it was close between us and the Lib Dems, mathmatically they have not gained percentage wise at all,” he added, “we’re really pleased to keep hold of second place.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 7 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals