Rendezvous at new Hatfield cocktail bar
A COCKTAIL bar has opened on the site of a former pole dancing club in Hatfield.
Cinema worker Margaret Seare has taken up the lease of what was up until July known as Lisa’s Bar, and after an extensive refurbishment has re-opened the doors to the Market Place establishment under the new name Rendezvous.
“I just needed something to get my teeth into,” said Margaret, who still works part time at the Odeon in the Galleria, Hatfield.
“I used to have a bar in the Galleria which I ran for three years. I’ve got a lot of experience in working in bars.”
Gone are the poles that served as the focal point of the old bar; in its place is a simple, tasteful decor, with iconic movie posters adorning the walls. The stage, however, remains.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve kept the stage because we’re considering having open mic nights, jam sessions and karaoke,” said Margaret.
“It’s also very movie themed. Our decor is quite plain, with movie posters and pictures of film stars from Hollywood and Bollywood.”
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
- 6 Would you quit drinking and smoking?
- 7 Businesses react as relaxation of Covid restrictions delayed to July 19
- 8 100 not out for centenarian Gladys
- 9 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 10 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
But Margaret, 59, insisted that Rendezvous will not attract complaints from neighbours bothered by the noise.
“We’re trying to achieve a very chilled out atmosphere, rather than a manic disco sort of thing,” she said.
“We don’t have a TV, so we won’t be showing any football.
“We just have a pool table, a jukebox and a quiz machine.
“The main thing is that although we are a bar selling cocktails, we also sell teas, coffees and milkshakes, for people who don’t drink alcohol, but still want to go out with their friends.”
Rendezvous is open from 5.30pm to 2am Monday to Saturday, and Sunday 5.30pm to 12am.
The venue is also available for hire during the day as a rehearsal room for dance and music groups.
Call Rendezvous on 07500 743852 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.