Remembrance Services in Potters Bar
TWO services will take place in the Potters Bar area today to commemorate Remembrance Sunday.
In Potters Bar itself, a ceremony will be held at the war memorial in High Street, at 10.45am.
The service, which will be attended by Potters Bar borough councillor John Donne, will be preceded by a parade of ex-servicemen organised by the Royal British Legion.
It will be followed by a church service at St Mary’s Church in The Walk.
Meanwhile in South Mimms, a service of remembrance will be held at the cenotaph in St Albans Road at 10.45am.
You may also want to watch:
It will be attended by Shenley councillor Peter Wayne and will be followed by a service at St Giles’ Church in Blanche Lane.
Remembrance Sunday is held to commemorate those who have sacrificed their lives fighting for Britain. For more information, visit www.britishlegion.org.uk/remembrance
- 1 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 2 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 7 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie