Remembrance Services in Potters Bar
TWO services will take place in the Potters Bar area today to commemorate Remembrance Sunday.
In Potters Bar itself, a ceremony will be held at the war memorial in High Street, at 10.45am.
The service, which will be attended by Potters Bar borough councillor John Donne, will be preceded by a parade of ex-servicemen organised by the Royal British Legion.
It will be followed by a church service at St Mary’s Church in The Walk.
Meanwhile in South Mimms, a service of remembrance will be held at the cenotaph in St Albans Road at 10.45am.
You may also want to watch:
It will be attended by Shenley councillor Peter Wayne and will be followed by a service at St Giles’ Church in Blanche Lane.
Remembrance Sunday is held to commemorate those who have sacrificed their lives fighting for Britain. For more information, visit www.britishlegion.org.uk/remembrance
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire