Remembrance Services in Potters Bar
TWO services will take place in the Potters Bar area today to commemorate Remembrance Sunday.
In Potters Bar itself, a ceremony will be held at the war memorial in High Street, at 10.45am.
The service, which will be attended by Potters Bar borough councillor John Donne, will be preceded by a parade of ex-servicemen organised by the Royal British Legion.
It will be followed by a church service at St Mary’s Church in The Walk.
Meanwhile in South Mimms, a service of remembrance will be held at the cenotaph in St Albans Road at 10.45am.
You may also want to watch:
It will be attended by Shenley councillor Peter Wayne and will be followed by a service at St Giles’ Church in Blanche Lane.
Remembrance Sunday is held to commemorate those who have sacrificed their lives fighting for Britain. For more information, visit www.britishlegion.org.uk/remembrance
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 9 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 10 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw