Reflexology taster comes to Welwyn Garden City
A THERAPIST is urging residents to help beat financial and workplace stress by having a taster treatment tomorrow (Wednesday).
Sarah Pluves, a reflexologist, who practices at Natural Health in WGC, is marking World Reflexology Week by offering residents 20 minute free sessions.
Sarah from Goffs Oak said: “Reflexology is one of a range of alternative therapies, which may help alleviate the symptoms of stress.
“Although reflexology is used to treat a range of conditions, stress and work-related anxiety are some of the most common complaints amongst clients.”
The week, which started on Monday and runs until Sunday, organised by the International Council of Reflexologists (a setup which meets the needs of the profession by providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information; convening international conferences), is in its 10th year.
You may also want to watch:
The aim of the annual project is to spread wider knowledge of reflexology – a scientific art, based on the premise that there are reflex areas in the feet, hands, and ears, which correspond to all parts of the body.
The physical act of applying specific pressure using thumb, finger, and hand techniques result in stress reduction which causes a physiological change in the body.
- 1 'Fantastic to meet everybody' - New White Horse pub manager looking forward to letting more people in on May 17
- 2 'Through the worst of it' - Funeral director looking forward to return to normality after busiest months of his 25 year career
- 3 'Time to deliver' - Councillors react to the May 6 local elections results
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 Symbolic centenary torch created by student to be stored in museum
- 6 Missing teen found safe and well
- 7 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 County council elections round-up for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
Sarah, who has been practising reflexology for the past four years, is offering taster sessions Wednesday and Thursday at the Wigmores North hub.
A qualified Bowen Technique Practitioner and Reiki Teacher, Sarah will also be on hand to answer any questions about how reflexology can help you.
“Promoting good wellbeing is essential in this current environment at a time when people need to feel healthy and positive,” she added.
To book a free taster session, call 07960 937 556 or email email@example.com