Reflexology taster comes to Welwyn Garden City
A THERAPIST is urging residents to help beat financial and workplace stress by having a taster treatment tomorrow (Wednesday).
Sarah Pluves, a reflexologist, who practices at Natural Health in WGC, is marking World Reflexology Week by offering residents 20 minute free sessions.
Sarah from Goffs Oak said: “Reflexology is one of a range of alternative therapies, which may help alleviate the symptoms of stress.
“Although reflexology is used to treat a range of conditions, stress and work-related anxiety are some of the most common complaints amongst clients.”
The week, which started on Monday and runs until Sunday, organised by the International Council of Reflexologists (a setup which meets the needs of the profession by providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information; convening international conferences), is in its 10th year.
You may also want to watch:
The aim of the annual project is to spread wider knowledge of reflexology – a scientific art, based on the premise that there are reflex areas in the feet, hands, and ears, which correspond to all parts of the body.
The physical act of applying specific pressure using thumb, finger, and hand techniques result in stress reduction which causes a physiological change in the body.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
Sarah, who has been practising reflexology for the past four years, is offering taster sessions Wednesday and Thursday at the Wigmores North hub.
A qualified Bowen Technique Practitioner and Reiki Teacher, Sarah will also be on hand to answer any questions about how reflexology can help you.
“Promoting good wellbeing is essential in this current environment at a time when people need to feel healthy and positive,” she added.
To book a free taster session, call 07960 937 556 or email email@example.com