Recycling bins rolled out to Potters Bar flats
BINS for recycling paper, plastic bottles and cans are being rolled out to residents living in flats in Potters Bar. Hertsmere Borough Council is installing the communal bins at blocks of flats in Shillitoe Avenue, Kimptons Mead and Kimptons Close. Paper
BINS for recycling paper, plastic bottles and cans are being rolled out to residents living in flats in Potters Bar.
Hertsmere Borough Council is installing the communal bins at blocks of flats in Shillitoe Avenue, Kimptons Mead and Kimptons Close.
Paper will be collected one week, while cans and bottles will be collected the following week and so on.
Non-recyclable waste will continue to be collected from the blocks on a weekly basis.
You may also want to watch:
Jean Heywood, the council's environment portfolio holder, said: "Our recycling officer has been working with Aldwyck Housing Association, which owns the blocks, to let residents know about the new facilities.
"Everyone should have received an information pack and a blue bag to carry their recycling to the bins."
- 1 Hertsmere MP Oliver Dowden appointed Tory co-chairman but loses secretary role
- 2 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 18 Insulate Britain protesters arrested at M25 and A1 demonstrations
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 M25 by South Mimms blocked by climate protesters
- 7 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 8 Historic Green Belt site under threat
- 9 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 10 Boy hit by car during Hatfield altercation
She added: "Hertsmere is currently recycling at a rate of around 40 per cent which is really great news and the facilities at flats will help us build on this and divert even more waste from landfill.
"We will continue to work with local housing associations and management organisations to install facilities at other flats in Potters Bar and across the borough.