Record Christmas sales for Hatfield Galleria
A HATFIELD outlet centre has recorded its best ever post-Christmas sales week in 20 years of trading.
The Galleria retail and leisure complex, in Comet Way, saw some 112,000 customers visit the centre between December 27 and January 2, with a 10 per cent rise in sales.
Retail sales increased 10.3 per cent, while leisure rose by 7.7 per cent – its best ever sales week after Christmas since the centre opened in 1991.
Overall, it was a good week for Land Securities, which owns both the Galleria and Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth, as the company saw a six per cent increase in sales for the year to date.
Land Securities’ Portfolio Director for Retail and Hotels, Deepan Khiroya, said: “We are delighted to achieve an excellent performance from our factory outlet centres over the Christmas and new year period.
You may also want to watch:
“It demonstrates that customers see our outlet centres as a great day out.
“Gunwharf Quays and the Galleria have much to offer, including a great selection of brands, caf�s, restaurants and cinemas.”
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 9 Hatfield Battle Proms concert is still going ahead as planned this summer
- 10 Hatfield's Folk by the Oak festival still going ahead this summer