Record Christmas sales for Hatfield Galleria
A HATFIELD outlet centre has recorded its best ever post-Christmas sales week in 20 years of trading.
The Galleria retail and leisure complex, in Comet Way, saw some 112,000 customers visit the centre between December 27 and January 2, with a 10 per cent rise in sales.
Retail sales increased 10.3 per cent, while leisure rose by 7.7 per cent – its best ever sales week after Christmas since the centre opened in 1991.
Overall, it was a good week for Land Securities, which owns both the Galleria and Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth, as the company saw a six per cent increase in sales for the year to date.
Land Securities’ Portfolio Director for Retail and Hotels, Deepan Khiroya, said: “We are delighted to achieve an excellent performance from our factory outlet centres over the Christmas and new year period.
You may also want to watch:
“It demonstrates that customers see our outlet centres as a great day out.
“Gunwharf Quays and the Galleria have much to offer, including a great selection of brands, caf�s, restaurants and cinemas.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 8 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 10 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction