Reader offer: 20% off spray tan at Welwyn Garden City salon
IF you’re anything like me the mere hint of the sun peeking through the clouds and you’re ready to throw out your winter jumpers and declare “summer is here”.
So the heating’s off and the spring/summer wardrobe is making good progress after a bit of retail therapy but the thought of baring my pasty white legs is a bit daunting.
That’s where Beauty Works in Haldens comes in.
I popped down to the WGC salon this week to get that summer glow without resorting to exposing my skin to harmful UV rays.
Trained in the art of spray tanning, manager Carly Sneddon calmed my fears about turning orange and got to work.
You may also want to watch:
Beauty Works uses the brand St Tropez which is famed for its glowing colour; it contains a pigment of green which works with the skin to produce a natural shade.
Stepping into the booth is a tad embarrassing – but former Monk’s Walk schoolgirl Carly assured me she’d seen it all before and demonstrated how I had to stand.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
I took my position in the booth and Carly, 20, got to work spraying the cold liquid all over. After less than 10 minutes I was left to dry, and after another 10 minutes was able to get dressed.
The formula actually takes around eight hours to develop and needs to stay on the skin until ready, much like the way hair dye needs to stay on until it produces the desired colour.
Once home I jumped in the shower and Carly was proved right about the green pigment as this was the colour that ran off into my bath.
After a pat dry and moisturise I was ready to face the world, with a nice summer feel and lot more confidence.
Carly and the team at Beauty Works are offering all Welwyn Hatfield Times readers 20 per cent off their spray tans.
Discount vouchers are available in this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times newspaper (out now).
Call the salon on 01707 328228 to make your appointment, you must take your voucher along too.