Potters Bar boy does not cut hair for three years on behalf of cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A boy from Potters Bar has not cut his hair for three years so he can raise money for a cancer charity.
Rayyan Kaderbhoy, 11, was inspired to raise money for Cancer Research UK in honour of his grandmother who died three years before he was born.
He explained how his dad told him that people "are losing young ones and old ones to this villain of a disease," and said: "As a result I decided to take action."
He has since cut his hair last Saturday and donated his locks to the Little Princess Trust, which turns hair into wigs for children suffering from cancer.
"I also wanted to raise money to help and support the research effort that continues every day to find a cure for this killer disease," he said.
You may also want to watch:
To this end, he has raised over £4,000 for his big haircut on the Cancer Research UK website, but still aims to reach his target of £5,000.
You can donate online here: fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/rayyans-big-haircut.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 5 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 6 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 7 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part