Ramblers step up for Welwyn Garden City charity
STAFF from a walking tour operator joined more than 300 fundraisers who set out across Hertfordshire on foot in support of a WGC based charity.
The 10th anniversary of the Isabel Hospice Chain Walk was held across the hospice’s catchment area of east Hertfordshire, raising an estimated �20,000 in the process.
In Lemsford, a specially devised walk was organised by Ramblers Worldwide Holidays, beginning and ending the company’s picturesque headquarters in Lemsford Mill.
Maria Alexander, Isabel Hospice’s fundraising co-ordinator said: “We are delighted that so many people took part and would like to thank all the walkers, the walk leaders, the chain walk sponsor, Ramblers Worldwide Holidays and the pubs en route which make the event the success it is.
“We hope the walk will raise in the region of �20,000 for the Hospice, which provides free specialist end-of-life care.”
You may also want to watch:
Ramblers walk leader Michael Hatch said: “We always intend to provide more than a walk between A and B.
“Local knowledge and history add a lot to the enjoyment of a walk, as well as sharing the experience with like-minded people.”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM