Ramblers step up for Welwyn Garden City charity
STAFF from a walking tour operator joined more than 300 fundraisers who set out across Hertfordshire on foot in support of a WGC based charity.
The 10th anniversary of the Isabel Hospice Chain Walk was held across the hospice’s catchment area of east Hertfordshire, raising an estimated �20,000 in the process.
In Lemsford, a specially devised walk was organised by Ramblers Worldwide Holidays, beginning and ending the company’s picturesque headquarters in Lemsford Mill.
Maria Alexander, Isabel Hospice’s fundraising co-ordinator said: “We are delighted that so many people took part and would like to thank all the walkers, the walk leaders, the chain walk sponsor, Ramblers Worldwide Holidays and the pubs en route which make the event the success it is.
“We hope the walk will raise in the region of �20,000 for the Hospice, which provides free specialist end-of-life care.”
You may also want to watch:
Ramblers walk leader Michael Hatch said: “We always intend to provide more than a walk between A and B.
“Local knowledge and history add a lot to the enjoyment of a walk, as well as sharing the experience with like-minded people.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 2 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 6 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 Welwyn Garden City one step closer FA Cup dreamland with deserved victory at Bedford Town
- 10 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend