Raising pink pounds for Welwyn Garden City breast cancer unit
GET in the pink by snapping up a new range of houseplants on sale from today (Saturday) – and help a WGC-based charity at the same time. Van Hage Garden Centre is launching its' Princettia' plant – a pink 'sister' to the red variety more commonly seen
GET in the pink by snapping up a new range of houseplants on sale from today (Saturday) - and help a WGC-based charity at the same time.
Van Hage Garden Centre is launching its 'Princettia' plant - a pink 'sister' to the red variety more commonly seen around Christmas time.
And for every one sold, the Great Amwell centre will donate �1 to the Vicki Adkins Breast Unit, based at the QE2 Hospital.
And there will be a further �1 donated for every pot bought along with the plants.
You may also want to watch:
Van Hage managing director Chris Roberts said: "We are extremely pleased to support the Herts Breast Cancer Unit Appeal through the sale of the stunning new Princettia houseplant."
The pink theme will continue at Van Hage across the bank holiday weekend, with meet-the-animal events, face-painting and fairground rides.
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 9 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 10 Man found with head injuries following assault