Raising pink pounds for Welwyn Garden City breast cancer unit
GET in the pink by snapping up a new range of houseplants on sale from today (Saturday) – and help a WGC-based charity at the same time. Van Hage Garden Centre is launching its' Princettia' plant – a pink 'sister' to the red variety more commonly seen
GET in the pink by snapping up a new range of houseplants on sale from today (Saturday) - and help a WGC-based charity at the same time.
Van Hage Garden Centre is launching its 'Princettia' plant - a pink 'sister' to the red variety more commonly seen around Christmas time.
And for every one sold, the Great Amwell centre will donate �1 to the Vicki Adkins Breast Unit, based at the QE2 Hospital.
And there will be a further �1 donated for every pot bought along with the plants.
You may also want to watch:
Van Hage managing director Chris Roberts said: "We are extremely pleased to support the Herts Breast Cancer Unit Appeal through the sale of the stunning new Princettia houseplant."
The pink theme will continue at Van Hage across the bank holiday weekend, with meet-the-animal events, face-painting and fairground rides.
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas