Raising pink pounds for Welwyn Garden City breast cancer unit
GET in the pink by snapping up a new range of houseplants on sale from today (Saturday) – and help a WGC-based charity at the same time. Van Hage Garden Centre is launching its' Princettia' plant – a pink 'sister' to the red variety more commonly seen
GET in the pink by snapping up a new range of houseplants on sale from today (Saturday) - and help a WGC-based charity at the same time.
Van Hage Garden Centre is launching its 'Princettia' plant - a pink 'sister' to the red variety more commonly seen around Christmas time.
And for every one sold, the Great Amwell centre will donate �1 to the Vicki Adkins Breast Unit, based at the QE2 Hospital.
And there will be a further �1 donated for every pot bought along with the plants.
You may also want to watch:
Van Hage managing director Chris Roberts said: "We are extremely pleased to support the Herts Breast Cancer Unit Appeal through the sale of the stunning new Princettia houseplant."
The pink theme will continue at Van Hage across the bank holiday weekend, with meet-the-animal events, face-painting and fairground rides.
- 1 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 2 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 3 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 6 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 7 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
- 8 Multiple fines issued to partygoers at 'dangerous' music event
- 9 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 10 Crashes and flooding on A1(M) and M25 causing delays