Rail watchdog backs objections to ticket office cuts in Welwyn Hatfield
AN independent rail watchdog has opposed without hesitation plans to cut ticket office opening hours at stations across Times Territory. As previously reported in the WHT, train operator First Capital Connect (FCC) wants to
AN independent rail watchdog has opposed "without hesitation" plans to cut ticket office opening hours at stations across Times Territory.
As previously reported in the WHT, train operator First Capital Connect (FCC) wants to reduce ticket office hours at 28 of its stations, including WGC, Welwyn North, Knebworth and Cuffley.
Rail unions and passenger groups have urged commuters to complain and now London TravelWatch, which represents the interests of travellers in and around the capital, has decided to take action.
At a board meeting in London last week, bosses agreed to write to FCC and formally set out their objections to its plans.
You may also want to watch:
For the full story come back to www.whtimes24.co.uk later
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes