Raid on village home
DIAMOND rings and a wedding band were just a few of the items taken during a raid on a village home.
A property in Baines Lane, Datchworth, was broken into with thieves stealing jewellery including gold and pearl earrings and necklaces, two diamond rings and a Raymond Weil watch.
The theft on June 10 happened between 7.45am and 5.10pm, but police have only just released details.
A police spokeswoman said: “A man was seen in the area during the afternoon.
“He is described as a man in his 30s who has tanned skin. He was wearing a dark green baseball cap, red jumper, green or grey shorts and trainers. He was carrying a dark backpack with him.”
You may also want to watch:
Detective constable Neil Palmer is investigating and added: “I would like to speak to the man described in connection with the investigation. It may be that he has vital information about what happened and we can eliminate him from our enquiries.
“I would also like to appeal to anyone who saw anyone acting suspiciously on that day to contact police with information.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
Call police with information on 0845 33 00 222.