Raid on village home
DIAMOND rings and a wedding band were just a few of the items taken during a raid on a village home.
A property in Baines Lane, Datchworth, was broken into with thieves stealing jewellery including gold and pearl earrings and necklaces, two diamond rings and a Raymond Weil watch.
The theft on June 10 happened between 7.45am and 5.10pm, but police have only just released details.
A police spokeswoman said: “A man was seen in the area during the afternoon.
“He is described as a man in his 30s who has tanned skin. He was wearing a dark green baseball cap, red jumper, green or grey shorts and trainers. He was carrying a dark backpack with him.”
You may also want to watch:
Detective constable Neil Palmer is investigating and added: “I would like to speak to the man described in connection with the investigation. It may be that he has vital information about what happened and we can eliminate him from our enquiries.
“I would also like to appeal to anyone who saw anyone acting suspiciously on that day to contact police with information.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
Call police with information on 0845 33 00 222.