Radio silence at Hertbeat FM
LISTENERS to Hertbeat FM are experiencing radio silence today (Wednesday). A broken transmitter means the radio station is not currently broadcasting on 106.9FM – the frequency that reaches WGC and Hatfield. The Old Knebworth-based station's other frequen
LISTENERS to Hertbeat FM are experiencing radio silence today (Wednesday).
A broken transmitter means the radio station is not currently broadcasting on 106.9FM - the frequency that reaches WGC and Hatfield.
The Old Knebworth-based station's other frequency, 106.7FM, which covers Stevenage, Hitchin and Letchworth, is unaffected.
Breakfast show DJ Steve Folland: "We're not off air, but we've got a problem with one of the transmitters.
You may also want to watch:
"We've had so many calls and emails this morning from people asking what's happened to us.
"People have even been late for work as they set us as their alarm, yet they obviously couldn't hear anything when they went off!"
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 5 What time will the election results come in?
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Man found with head injuries following assault
Steve added it was hoped the problem would be fixed by this afternoon.
In the meantime, you can still listen to Hertbeat via its website.