Radio silence at Hertbeat FM
LISTENERS to Hertbeat FM are experiencing radio silence today (Wednesday). A broken transmitter means the radio station is not currently broadcasting on 106.9FM – the frequency that reaches WGC and Hatfield. The Old Knebworth-based station's other frequen
LISTENERS to Hertbeat FM are experiencing radio silence today (Wednesday).
A broken transmitter means the radio station is not currently broadcasting on 106.9FM - the frequency that reaches WGC and Hatfield.
The Old Knebworth-based station's other frequency, 106.7FM, which covers Stevenage, Hitchin and Letchworth, is unaffected.
Breakfast show DJ Steve Folland: "We're not off air, but we've got a problem with one of the transmitters.
You may also want to watch:
"We've had so many calls and emails this morning from people asking what's happened to us.
"People have even been late for work as they set us as their alarm, yet they obviously couldn't hear anything when they went off!"
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 4 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
Steve added it was hoped the problem would be fixed by this afternoon.
In the meantime, you can still listen to Hertbeat via its website.