Man taken to hospital after racist attacks in Hatfield
- Credit: Google Streetview
A man has been injured in a racially-aggravated attack just days after he suffered racist abuse from the same offender in Hatfield.
Between 8.30pm and 9pm on Monday, January 14, the 47-year-old victim was walking along St Albans Road West close to the junction with De Havilland Close, when a vehicle approached him from the direction of Comet Road.
The driver pulled over and assaulted the victim, using a weapon to strike his left thigh, his left arm area and his head, leaving him with a cut to his head.
The offender was wearing a grey hooded tracksuit and had a passenger in the vehicle with him.
The offender’s vehicle is described as a dark grey three-door Peugeot.
You may also want to watch:
Just over a week before, the offender also shouted racist abuse at the victim, who is Ugandan Asian, in Cavendish Way.
At around 1pm on Thursday, January 3, the victim crossed the road in front of the car of the offender.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 9 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 10 Have you seen this highly sentimental stolen jewellery?
As the victim then walked towards the front of the Galleria, the offender followed and shouted a racist word.
The offender is described as a white male, 6ft tall, aged around 35, of a skinny build and with short blond hair and stubble. That day, he was wearing white overalls.
Police are appealing for information and witnesses.
Investigator Linda Bunton from the Welwyn Hatfield Local Crime Unit, said: “This was a nasty attack resulting in the victim having to undergo hospital treatment.
“Racism will not be tolerated by Hertfordshire Constabulary and I am urging any witnesses to either incident to please get in touch. If you saw what happened, or you have other information that could assist the investigation, please get in contact via 101 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting crime reference 41/5469/19.”
You can also report information online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.
Alternatively, you can stay 100 per cent anonymous by contacting the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
In over 30 years, Crimestoppers charity has always kept its promise of anonymity to everyone who contacts them.