Race for Life in Welwyn Hatfield today
A TOTAL of three thousand women will set off from a Welwyn Garden City park this morning (Sunday) to raise money for cancer research.
This year’s Welwyn Hatfield Race for Life starts at 11am as entrants run, jog, or walk their way around the 5km Stanborough Park course.
The event, in aid of Cancer Research UK, is hoping to top the current fundraising record which stands at �197,241.
Having secured charitable donations from friends and family, the 3,000 women taking part will now be fully focused on crossing the finish line.
The Welwyn Hatfield Times photographer will be in attendance throughout the day so keep your eye out for updates online and further coverage in next Wednesday’s edition.
You may also want to watch:
* If you are taking part in the race today, email the Welwyn Hatfield Times at email@example.com with your thoughts on how it went.
Alternatively, add your comments at the bottom of this story.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital