Race for Life in Welwyn Hatfield today
A TOTAL of three thousand women will set off from a Welwyn Garden City park this morning (Sunday) to raise money for cancer research.
This year’s Welwyn Hatfield Race for Life starts at 11am as entrants run, jog, or walk their way around the 5km Stanborough Park course.
The event, in aid of Cancer Research UK, is hoping to top the current fundraising record which stands at �197,241.
Having secured charitable donations from friends and family, the 3,000 women taking part will now be fully focused on crossing the finish line.
The Welwyn Hatfield Times photographer will be in attendance throughout the day so keep your eye out for updates online and further coverage in next Wednesday’s edition.
You may also want to watch:
* If you are taking part in the race today, email the Welwyn Hatfield Times at firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts on how it went.
Alternatively, add your comments at the bottom of this story.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 7 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 8 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station