Quiz nets �1,500 for Willow Foundation
MORE than 120 people took part in a sell-out quiz which raised �1,500 for charity. The event, which took place at Mill Green Golf Club, in WGC last Tuesday, was held in aid of the Willow Foundation, which provides special days for seriously-ill young
MORE than 120 people took part in a sell-out quiz which raised �1,500 for charity.
The event, which took place at Mill Green Golf Club, in WGC last Tuesday, was held in aid of the Willow Foundation, which provides special days for seriously-ill young adults.
Some 21 teams took part in the competition, which was hosted by the Old Hatfield-based charity's co-founder Bob Wilson. The former Arsenal goalkeeper and TV presenter praised the "great turnout".
He added: "While competitors were testing their brain power, they helped to raise �1,500 for the Willow Foundation.
You may also want to watch:
"Thanks to the support of everyone who was there on the night - people living with life threatening conditions will be given a real boost.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day