Quiz nets �1,500 for Willow Foundation
MORE than 120 people took part in a sell-out quiz which raised �1,500 for charity. The event, which took place at Mill Green Golf Club, in WGC last Tuesday, was held in aid of the Willow Foundation, which provides special days for seriously-ill young
MORE than 120 people took part in a sell-out quiz which raised �1,500 for charity.
The event, which took place at Mill Green Golf Club, in WGC last Tuesday, was held in aid of the Willow Foundation, which provides special days for seriously-ill young adults.
Some 21 teams took part in the competition, which was hosted by the Old Hatfield-based charity's co-founder Bob Wilson. The former Arsenal goalkeeper and TV presenter praised the "great turnout".
He added: "While competitors were testing their brain power, they helped to raise �1,500 for the Willow Foundation.
You may also want to watch:
"Thanks to the support of everyone who was there on the night - people living with life threatening conditions will be given a real boost.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 9 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 10 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield