Quiz nets �1,500 for Willow Foundation
MORE than 120 people took part in a sell-out quiz which raised �1,500 for charity. The event, which took place at Mill Green Golf Club, in WGC last Tuesday, was held in aid of the Willow Foundation, which provides special days for seriously-ill young
MORE than 120 people took part in a sell-out quiz which raised �1,500 for charity.
The event, which took place at Mill Green Golf Club, in WGC last Tuesday, was held in aid of the Willow Foundation, which provides special days for seriously-ill young adults.
Some 21 teams took part in the competition, which was hosted by the Old Hatfield-based charity's co-founder Bob Wilson. The former Arsenal goalkeeper and TV presenter praised the "great turnout".
He added: "While competitors were testing their brain power, they helped to raise �1,500 for the Willow Foundation.
You may also want to watch:
"Thanks to the support of everyone who was there on the night - people living with life threatening conditions will be given a real boost.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston