Puffins coming to Welwyn Garden City
CROSSINGS on a WGC road are to be made safer at the end of this month. Two Pelican crossings on Parkway, near Church Road, in WGC, will be upgraded to Puffin crossings. Work is expected to start on Monday July 27 and is expected to take about three weeks
CROSSINGS on a WGC road are to be made safer at the end of this month.
Two Pelican crossings on Parkway, near Church Road, in WGC, will be upgraded to Puffin crossings.
Work is expected to start on Monday July 27 and is expected to take about three weeks. Information signs will be put in place in advance to inform pedestrians and motorists of the exact start date.
The Pelican crossings use show red man/green man signals on the opposite side of the road, while Puffin crossings, which are the county council's preferred type, show red man/green man signals on an indicator near the pushbutton.
They are designed to give users all the time they need to cross the road safely and will not let traffic pass through until they have done so.
The work will take place Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4.30pm.
- 1 IN PICTURES: Stars come out for Simply Red concert in Hatfield Park
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 4 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 5 Updated Simply Red set times for Hatfield Park concert
- 6 Jodie Williams defies injury-blighted season to claim Commonwealth bronze
- 7 'Tesco must tackle blight of trolley-dumping in Potters Bar'
- 8 Pictures of Paloma Faith and special guest Sam Ryder at Hatfield Park concert
- 9 Sign of the times: The life of Welwyn Garden City signwriter Arthur Brown
- 10 Champions! Old Owens going up after securing title
While the work is being carried out, pedestrians are advised to use the nearby puffin crossings in Howardsgate.