Puffins coming to Welwyn Garden City
CROSSINGS on a WGC road are to be made safer at the end of this month. Two Pelican crossings on Parkway, near Church Road, in WGC, will be upgraded to Puffin crossings. Work is expected to start on Monday July 27 and is expected to take about three weeks
CROSSINGS on a WGC road are to be made safer at the end of this month.
Two Pelican crossings on Parkway, near Church Road, in WGC, will be upgraded to Puffin crossings.
Work is expected to start on Monday July 27 and is expected to take about three weeks. Information signs will be put in place in advance to inform pedestrians and motorists of the exact start date.
The Pelican crossings use show red man/green man signals on the opposite side of the road, while Puffin crossings, which are the county council's preferred type, show red man/green man signals on an indicator near the pushbutton.
You may also want to watch:
They are designed to give users all the time they need to cross the road safely and will not let traffic pass through until they have done so.
The work will take place Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4.30pm.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 4 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 5 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 6 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 10 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
While the work is being carried out, pedestrians are advised to use the nearby puffin crossings in Howardsgate.