Puffins coming to Welwyn Garden City
CROSSINGS on a WGC road are to be made safer at the end of this month. Two Pelican crossings on Parkway, near Church Road, in WGC, will be upgraded to Puffin crossings. Work is expected to start on Monday July 27 and is expected to take about three weeks
CROSSINGS on a WGC road are to be made safer at the end of this month.
Two Pelican crossings on Parkway, near Church Road, in WGC, will be upgraded to Puffin crossings.
Work is expected to start on Monday July 27 and is expected to take about three weeks. Information signs will be put in place in advance to inform pedestrians and motorists of the exact start date.
The Pelican crossings use show red man/green man signals on the opposite side of the road, while Puffin crossings, which are the county council's preferred type, show red man/green man signals on an indicator near the pushbutton.
You may also want to watch:
They are designed to give users all the time they need to cross the road safely and will not let traffic pass through until they have done so.
The work will take place Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4.30pm.
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
While the work is being carried out, pedestrians are advised to use the nearby puffin crossings in Howardsgate.