Puffins coming to Welwyn Garden City
CROSSINGS on a WGC road are to be made safer at the end of this month. Two Pelican crossings on Parkway, near Church Road, in WGC, will be upgraded to Puffin crossings. Work is expected to start on Monday July 27 and is expected to take about three weeks
CROSSINGS on a WGC road are to be made safer at the end of this month.
Two Pelican crossings on Parkway, near Church Road, in WGC, will be upgraded to Puffin crossings.
Work is expected to start on Monday July 27 and is expected to take about three weeks. Information signs will be put in place in advance to inform pedestrians and motorists of the exact start date.
The Pelican crossings use show red man/green man signals on the opposite side of the road, while Puffin crossings, which are the county council's preferred type, show red man/green man signals on an indicator near the pushbutton.
You may also want to watch:
They are designed to give users all the time they need to cross the road safely and will not let traffic pass through until they have done so.
The work will take place Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4.30pm.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
While the work is being carried out, pedestrians are advised to use the nearby puffin crossings in Howardsgate.