Puffins coming to Welwyn Garden City
CROSSINGS on a WGC road are to be made safer at the end of this month. Two Pelican crossings on Parkway, near Church Road, in WGC, will be upgraded to Puffin crossings. Work is expected to start on Monday July 27 and is expected to take about three weeks
CROSSINGS on a WGC road are to be made safer at the end of this month.
Two Pelican crossings on Parkway, near Church Road, in WGC, will be upgraded to Puffin crossings.
Work is expected to start on Monday July 27 and is expected to take about three weeks. Information signs will be put in place in advance to inform pedestrians and motorists of the exact start date.
The Pelican crossings use show red man/green man signals on the opposite side of the road, while Puffin crossings, which are the county council's preferred type, show red man/green man signals on an indicator near the pushbutton.
You may also want to watch:
They are designed to give users all the time they need to cross the road safely and will not let traffic pass through until they have done so.
The work will take place Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4.30pm.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return
While the work is being carried out, pedestrians are advised to use the nearby puffin crossings in Howardsgate.