Public meeting over Hatfield incinerator
CONCERNED residents have called a public meeting in Hatfield to oppose the county council s plans to build a 270,000 tonne waste incinerator at New Barnfield. Borough councillor and Hatfield resident Kieran Thorpe, who has helped
CONCERNED residents have called a public meeting in Hatfield to oppose the county council's plans to build a 270,000 tonne waste incinerator at New Barnfield.
Borough councillor and Hatfield resident Kieran Thorpe, who has helped organise the event, said: "This meeting has been called by local residents rather than a political party.
"Everyone is welcome to come along and hear reports on the current situation and, more importantly, to give their views on the matter."
The meeting will take place on Wednesday, August 26, at the Hilltop Hall, next to the Harrier public house in Bishops Rise.
You may also want to watch:
It starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day