Public exhibition on Hatfield Tunnel closure plans
CONTROVERSIAL plans to close Hatfield Tunnel while essential refurbishments take place for TWO years will be explained at a public exhibition. The Highways Agency will close the northbound carriageway from July 2009 to May 2010 – then close the southboun
CONTROVERSIAL plans to close Hatfield Tunnel while essential refurbishments take place for TWO years will be explained at a public exhibition.
The Highways Agency will close the northbound carriageway from July 2009 to May 2010 - then close the southbound lanes until April 2011.
The plans, exclusively revealed by the WHT back in October, were met with heavy criticism and fears of traffic chaos on the surrounding road network.
A public exhibition is being held in Hatfield for the public and councillors to lay out in detail how problems are set to be avoided.
You may also want to watch:
It will take place at the Ramada Jarvis hotel, St Albans Road West, Hatfield from 2pm to 9pm on Friday, March 27 and from 10am to 5pm on Saturday, March 28.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year