Public exhibition on Hatfield Tunnel closure plans
CONTROVERSIAL plans to close Hatfield Tunnel while essential refurbishments take place for TWO years will be explained at a public exhibition. The Highways Agency will close the northbound carriageway from July 2009 to May 2010 – then close the southboun
CONTROVERSIAL plans to close Hatfield Tunnel while essential refurbishments take place for TWO years will be explained at a public exhibition.
The Highways Agency will close the northbound carriageway from July 2009 to May 2010 - then close the southbound lanes until April 2011.
The plans, exclusively revealed by the WHT back in October, were met with heavy criticism and fears of traffic chaos on the surrounding road network.
A public exhibition is being held in Hatfield for the public and councillors to lay out in detail how problems are set to be avoided.
You may also want to watch:
It will take place at the Ramada Jarvis hotel, St Albans Road West, Hatfield from 2pm to 9pm on Friday, March 27 and from 10am to 5pm on Saturday, March 28.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022