Pub toasts cask ale week - with a lager
OPINION is set to be divided as National Cask Ale Week gets underway at a pub in Times Territory. For among the multitude of real ales on offer at The Crooked Chimney, in Cromer Hyde in Lemsford throughout this week, a lager has been added to the list.
OPINION is set to be divided as National Cask Ale Week gets underway at a pub in Times Territory.
For among the multitude of real ales on offer at The Crooked Chimney in Lemsford throughout this week, a lager has been added to the list.
Budvar Budweiser has been imported from the Czech Republic especially for the event.
Landlord Colin Taylor explained: "We decided to serve Budvar as a way of encouraging lager drinkers to give something more like a real ale a try - as well as giving real ale experts the opportunity to try a craft lager with a cask ale pedigree.
You may also want to watch:
"Not many people realise that Budvar is actually the only craft lager approved by the Campaign For Real Ale (CAMRA), who are supporting the festival. Roger Protz (writer and real ale enthusiast) actually described Budvar as "the only lager that's not CAMRA shy!""
National Cask Ale Week runs from April 6 to 12, but The Crooked Chimney is extending its celebrations until the 18th April.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 6 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
For more details, visit www.vintageinn.co.uk