Pub toasts cask ale week - with a lager
OPINION is set to be divided as National Cask Ale Week gets underway at a pub in Times Territory. For among the multitude of real ales on offer at The Crooked Chimney, in Cromer Hyde in Lemsford throughout this week, a lager has been added to the list.
OPINION is set to be divided as National Cask Ale Week gets underway at a pub in Times Territory.
For among the multitude of real ales on offer at The Crooked Chimney in Lemsford throughout this week, a lager has been added to the list.
Budvar Budweiser has been imported from the Czech Republic especially for the event.
Landlord Colin Taylor explained: "We decided to serve Budvar as a way of encouraging lager drinkers to give something more like a real ale a try - as well as giving real ale experts the opportunity to try a craft lager with a cask ale pedigree.
You may also want to watch:
"Not many people realise that Budvar is actually the only craft lager approved by the Campaign For Real Ale (CAMRA), who are supporting the festival. Roger Protz (writer and real ale enthusiast) actually described Budvar as "the only lager that's not CAMRA shy!""
National Cask Ale Week runs from April 6 to 12, but The Crooked Chimney is extending its celebrations until the 18th April.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
For more details, visit www.vintageinn.co.uk