Pub’s iconic chimney ablaze again

FIRE broke out for the second time this month at a pub.

The chimney blaze, at the Crooked Chimney, in Marford Road, Lemsford started at around 11.30am on Friday. A fire crew from WGC was sent to extinguish the “small” fire and it was out at 12.35pm.

The iconic shape of the chimney was blamed for a previous blaze on December 1, which left the historic pub engulfed in smoke.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus