Pub re-opens after six years
IT’S been six years since the Grandison Arms in Bramfield closed, but now villagers once again have a freehouse to be proud of.
The old Bury Lane pub has undergone a massive refurbishment, and has a new name name to reflect its more modern, sophisticated approach to drinking and dining.
Now called simply The Grandison, the pub offers a varity of draught beers, real ales, a selection of 60 different wines and a food menu including stonebaked pizza, pasta, seafood and a range of locally-sourced meats.
As if that wasn’t enough, a farm shop and deli selling chutneys, pickles, dressings and homemade bread, is expected to open next door to the pub in the following weeks.
Cheri Clayton, who has taken the pub over along with her husband Aaron, said: “We’ve been looking to get a freehold for years. This has taken about a year to get it up and running.
You may also want to watch:
“Most of the structure is pretty much the same, because we wanted to give a comfortable home feeling with a bit of a twist.”
She said: “Both me and Aaron are from hotel backgrounds, and we love giving people good food and a good experience.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 3 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 9 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 10 Gift ideas, decorations and festive food at this year's Knebworth Christmas Fair
“We didn’t want to be just a trendy wine bar, but we didn’t just want to be a pub either. We wanted to be a little bit of both. Hopefully we can achieve that.”
The Grandison caters for a variety of functions, including business meetings, birthdays and weddings, and is now taking bookings for its Christmas party and Christmas Day menus.
For more infromation, call The Grandison on 01992 554077 or visit www.thegrandisonbramfield.co.uk