Pub re-opens after six years
IT’S been six years since the Grandison Arms in Bramfield closed, but now villagers once again have a freehouse to be proud of.
The old Bury Lane pub has undergone a massive refurbishment, and has a new name name to reflect its more modern, sophisticated approach to drinking and dining.
Now called simply The Grandison, the pub offers a varity of draught beers, real ales, a selection of 60 different wines and a food menu including stonebaked pizza, pasta, seafood and a range of locally-sourced meats.
As if that wasn’t enough, a farm shop and deli selling chutneys, pickles, dressings and homemade bread, is expected to open next door to the pub in the following weeks.
Cheri Clayton, who has taken the pub over along with her husband Aaron, said: “We’ve been looking to get a freehold for years. This has taken about a year to get it up and running.
You may also want to watch:
“Most of the structure is pretty much the same, because we wanted to give a comfortable home feeling with a bit of a twist.”
She said: “Both me and Aaron are from hotel backgrounds, and we love giving people good food and a good experience.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
“We didn’t want to be just a trendy wine bar, but we didn’t just want to be a pub either. We wanted to be a little bit of both. Hopefully we can achieve that.”
The Grandison caters for a variety of functions, including business meetings, birthdays and weddings, and is now taking bookings for its Christmas party and Christmas Day menus.
For more infromation, call The Grandison on 01992 554077 or visit www.thegrandisonbramfield.co.uk