Pub re-opens after six years
IT’S been six years since the Grandison Arms in Bramfield closed, but now villagers once again have a freehouse to be proud of.
The old Bury Lane pub has undergone a massive refurbishment, and has a new name name to reflect its more modern, sophisticated approach to drinking and dining.
Now called simply The Grandison, the pub offers a varity of draught beers, real ales, a selection of 60 different wines and a food menu including stonebaked pizza, pasta, seafood and a range of locally-sourced meats.
As if that wasn’t enough, a farm shop and deli selling chutneys, pickles, dressings and homemade bread, is expected to open next door to the pub in the following weeks.
Cheri Clayton, who has taken the pub over along with her husband Aaron, said: “We’ve been looking to get a freehold for years. This has taken about a year to get it up and running.
You may also want to watch:
“Most of the structure is pretty much the same, because we wanted to give a comfortable home feeling with a bit of a twist.”
She said: “Both me and Aaron are from hotel backgrounds, and we love giving people good food and a good experience.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
“We didn’t want to be just a trendy wine bar, but we didn’t just want to be a pub either. We wanted to be a little bit of both. Hopefully we can achieve that.”
The Grandison caters for a variety of functions, including business meetings, birthdays and weddings, and is now taking bookings for its Christmas party and Christmas Day menus.
For more infromation, call The Grandison on 01992 554077 or visit www.thegrandisonbramfield.co.uk