Pub re-opens after 10 years
IT’S been years since a pub directly overlooked the village square in Burnham Green.
There used to be one called The Duck, but it closed more than a decade ago, and the building has remained empty ever since.
That is until very recently.
For the hostelry is back in business, as a stylish bar and restaurant called The Belmont.
And it’s not just the name that’s changed.
You may also want to watch:
While the outside has retained its quaint village pub appearance, the inside has been transformed into an elegant bar and dining area, more akin to London’s West End than a sleepy hamlet in rural Hertfordshire.
But it’s the new opulent, London feel that patrons seem to have been most impressed with.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 3 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 4 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 10 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
“The d�cor is ivory and black porcelain with glass, while still retaining the original features like the wooden beams,” said assistant manager Mikey Taran.
“People enjoy the comfortable atmosphere when you walk through the door, to find two wonderful bars.
“The bars are independent of the restaurant. During the evening we play music, and as the evening progresses the bar becomes livelier, while still retaining a cosy atmosphere in the restaurant.”
And it’s the restaurant that marks out The Belmont from its old incarnation, offering freshly cooked meals at prices that belie the opulent surroundings.
Mikey said: “All our food is fresh and prepared by our team of chefs on the premises, including all home made desserts. And our French head chef, Youenn Eugene, can make special celebration cakes for birthdays.”
“Our wine list includes a good selection of countries and variations of wine, to accompany our food with prices kept as low as possible.”
The Belmont is currently offering a special lunch menu deal of two courses for �9.95, or three for �12.95. Call the pub on 01438 798800.