Pub re-opens after 10 years
IT’S been years since a pub directly overlooked the village square in Burnham Green.
There used to be one called The Duck, but it closed more than a decade ago, and the building has remained empty ever since.
That is until very recently.
For the hostelry is back in business, as a stylish bar and restaurant called The Belmont.
And it’s not just the name that’s changed.
You may also want to watch:
While the outside has retained its quaint village pub appearance, the inside has been transformed into an elegant bar and dining area, more akin to London’s West End than a sleepy hamlet in rural Hertfordshire.
But it’s the new opulent, London feel that patrons seem to have been most impressed with.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
“The d�cor is ivory and black porcelain with glass, while still retaining the original features like the wooden beams,” said assistant manager Mikey Taran.
“People enjoy the comfortable atmosphere when you walk through the door, to find two wonderful bars.
“The bars are independent of the restaurant. During the evening we play music, and as the evening progresses the bar becomes livelier, while still retaining a cosy atmosphere in the restaurant.”
And it’s the restaurant that marks out The Belmont from its old incarnation, offering freshly cooked meals at prices that belie the opulent surroundings.
Mikey said: “All our food is fresh and prepared by our team of chefs on the premises, including all home made desserts. And our French head chef, Youenn Eugene, can make special celebration cakes for birthdays.”
“Our wine list includes a good selection of countries and variations of wine, to accompany our food with prices kept as low as possible.”
The Belmont is currently offering a special lunch menu deal of two courses for �9.95, or three for �12.95. Call the pub on 01438 798800.