Pub quiz for Mayor's charities to take place in Welwyn Garden City
A WEEKEND break and an iPod Shuffle are among the prizes on offer at a charity pub quiz to be held in WGC next week. The event, at The Cork, in Howardsgate, will raise money for the mayor of Welwyn Hatfield's charities, which for this year, are
A WEEKEND break and an iPod Shuffle are among the prizes on offer at a charity pub quiz to be held in WGC next week.
The event, at The Cork, in Howardsgate, will raise money for the mayor of Welwyn Hatfield charities, which for this year, are the Welwyn Hatfield women's refuge and the Old Hatfield-based Willow Foundation.
Mayor Kim Langley has confirmed she will be entering a team into the quiz, which starts at 8pm on Tuesday, August 8.
Entry costs �1 per person and there is a maximum of six per team.
You may also want to watch:
A buffet will be provided on the night and all proceeds will go to charity.
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 4 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 5 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 8 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 9 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed