Protest over Kimpton pub closure
- Credit: Archant
Plans for a now-closed village pub to be converted into homes have prompted a furious protest.
Kimpton villagers gathered on Sunday to show their anger at “the recent and sudden demise of our Grade II listed public house, The White Horse.”
Its new owners have applied to North Herts Council to change its use from commercial to residential.
Sunday’s gathering was organised by Kimpton’s ‘Save Our White Horse’ campaign.
A decision on the change of use application will be made at a public meeting at the council offices on August 20.
You may also want to watch:
Villagers are urging people to attend a meeting on August 18.
To find out more or register support for the Save Our White Horse campaign, visit www.saveourwhitehorse.co.uk
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 5 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 8 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 9 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed