Protest over Kimpton pub closure
- Credit: Archant
Plans for a now-closed village pub to be converted into homes have prompted a furious protest.
Kimpton villagers gathered on Sunday to show their anger at “the recent and sudden demise of our Grade II listed public house, The White Horse.”
Its new owners have applied to North Herts Council to change its use from commercial to residential.
Sunday’s gathering was organised by Kimpton’s ‘Save Our White Horse’ campaign.
A decision on the change of use application will be made at a public meeting at the council offices on August 20.
You may also want to watch:
Villagers are urging people to attend a meeting on August 18.
To find out more or register support for the Save Our White Horse campaign, visit www.saveourwhitehorse.co.uk
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle