Protest meeting against Hatfield incinerator
A PUBLIC meeting has been called to mobilise opposition against the planned New Barnfield incinerator.
The gathering will take place at St John’s Youth and Community Centre, in Bishops Rise, South Hatfield on Monday, November 23.
It will give residents the opportunity to hear the latest developments in the long-running saga and plan future campaigning activities.
Lib Dem parliamentary candidate Paul Zukowskyj said the meeting offered people the chance to co-ordinate and organise opposition to the council’s “barmy” plans.
“I urge everyone in South Hatfield that has any desire to make their area a better place to live to come along to the meeting,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“You need to make sure your voice is heard and together we can get the Conservatives at county hall to see sense and abandon these absurd plans.”
The meeting starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?