Protest meeting against Hatfield incinerator
A PUBLIC meeting has been called to mobilise opposition against the planned New Barnfield incinerator.
The gathering will take place at St John’s Youth and Community Centre, in Bishops Rise, South Hatfield on Monday, November 23.
It will give residents the opportunity to hear the latest developments in the long-running saga and plan future campaigning activities.
Lib Dem parliamentary candidate Paul Zukowskyj said the meeting offered people the chance to co-ordinate and organise opposition to the council’s “barmy” plans.
“I urge everyone in South Hatfield that has any desire to make their area a better place to live to come along to the meeting,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“You need to make sure your voice is heard and together we can get the Conservatives at county hall to see sense and abandon these absurd plans.”
The meeting starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 6 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 7 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder