Protest meeting against Hatfield incinerator
A PUBLIC meeting has been called to mobilise opposition against the planned New Barnfield incinerator.
The gathering will take place at St John’s Youth and Community Centre, in Bishops Rise, South Hatfield on Monday, November 23.
It will give residents the opportunity to hear the latest developments in the long-running saga and plan future campaigning activities.
Lib Dem parliamentary candidate Paul Zukowskyj said the meeting offered people the chance to co-ordinate and organise opposition to the council’s “barmy” plans.
“I urge everyone in South Hatfield that has any desire to make their area a better place to live to come along to the meeting,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“You need to make sure your voice is heard and together we can get the Conservatives at county hall to see sense and abandon these absurd plans.”
The meeting starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire