Protest meeting against Hatfield incinerator
A PUBLIC meeting has been called to mobilise opposition against the planned New Barnfield incinerator.
The gathering will take place at St John’s Youth and Community Centre, in Bishops Rise, South Hatfield on Monday, November 23.
It will give residents the opportunity to hear the latest developments in the long-running saga and plan future campaigning activities.
Lib Dem parliamentary candidate Paul Zukowskyj said the meeting offered people the chance to co-ordinate and organise opposition to the council’s “barmy” plans.
“I urge everyone in South Hatfield that has any desire to make their area a better place to live to come along to the meeting,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“You need to make sure your voice is heard and together we can get the Conservatives at county hall to see sense and abandon these absurd plans.”
The meeting starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?