Protest meeting against Hatfield incinerator
A PUBLIC meeting is being held on Thursday to organise a protest against unpopular plans to build an incinerator next to a special school. The meeting, which has been organised by
A PUBLIC meeting is being held on Thursday to organise a protest against unpopular plans to build an incinerator next to a special school.
The meeting, which has been organised by Welwyn Hatfield Friends of the Earth, will discuss the controversial proposals to construct a 'heat from waste' incinerator at New Barnfield, next to Southfield School, in Travellers Lane, Hatfield.
The pros and cons of incineration as a means of disposing of waste will also be discussed.
Welwyn Hatfield Lib Dem parliamentary candidate Paul Zukowskyj urged as many people as possible to attend the meeting.
You may also want to watch:
"It is the wrong place [New Barnfield]," he said.
"Putting large trucks across the front of a special needs school is not on."
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 3 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 4 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 5 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
He added: "We do have to do something about landfill - it can't go on like it is at the moment, but there are better methods than incineration.
"The bio-digestion approach is one that is favoured by green organisations and activists."
The meeting, which starts at 7pm, will be held at the Eight Bells pub in Fore Street, Old Hatfield.
All are welcome.