Protest meeting against Hatfield incinerator
A PUBLIC meeting is being held on Thursday to organise a protest against unpopular plans to build an incinerator next to a special school. The meeting, which has been organised by
A PUBLIC meeting is being held on Thursday to organise a protest against unpopular plans to build an incinerator next to a special school.
The meeting, which has been organised by Welwyn Hatfield Friends of the Earth, will discuss the controversial proposals to construct a 'heat from waste' incinerator at New Barnfield, next to Southfield School, in Travellers Lane, Hatfield.
The pros and cons of incineration as a means of disposing of waste will also be discussed.
Welwyn Hatfield Lib Dem parliamentary candidate Paul Zukowskyj urged as many people as possible to attend the meeting.
You may also want to watch:
"It is the wrong place [New Barnfield]," he said.
"Putting large trucks across the front of a special needs school is not on."
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park
He added: "We do have to do something about landfill - it can't go on like it is at the moment, but there are better methods than incineration.
"The bio-digestion approach is one that is favoured by green organisations and activists."
The meeting, which starts at 7pm, will be held at the Eight Bells pub in Fore Street, Old Hatfield.
All are welcome.