Protest meeting against Hatfield incinerator
A PUBLIC meeting is being held on Thursday to organise a protest against unpopular plans to build an incinerator next to a special school. The meeting, which has been organised by
A PUBLIC meeting is being held on Thursday to organise a protest against unpopular plans to build an incinerator next to a special school.
The meeting, which has been organised by Welwyn Hatfield Friends of the Earth, will discuss the controversial proposals to construct a 'heat from waste' incinerator at New Barnfield, next to Southfield School, in Travellers Lane, Hatfield.
The pros and cons of incineration as a means of disposing of waste will also be discussed.
Welwyn Hatfield Lib Dem parliamentary candidate Paul Zukowskyj urged as many people as possible to attend the meeting.
You may also want to watch:
"It is the wrong place [New Barnfield]," he said.
"Putting large trucks across the front of a special needs school is not on."
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
He added: "We do have to do something about landfill - it can't go on like it is at the moment, but there are better methods than incineration.
"The bio-digestion approach is one that is favoured by green organisations and activists."
The meeting, which starts at 7pm, will be held at the Eight Bells pub in Fore Street, Old Hatfield.
All are welcome.