Protect your bike from thieves in Welwyn Hatfield
LEARN how to protect your bike from thieves at a number of events in WGC.
Every Saturday this month there will be free bike security marking events, organised by Pcsos Amanda Bridgeman and Christina Cooper.
Pcso Cooper said: “Security marking involves putting the postcode and house number on the bike by engraving and protecting with a lacquer varnish, alternatively bikes can be marked in UV pen.
“A sticker can be placed on the bike saying that it is security marked which can act as a deterrent to potential thieves.”
She added: “I would urge all cyclists to come along to the event to get their bikes marked.
You may also want to watch:
“There is no need to book.”
The events will take place at Panshanger Hardware in Moors Walk on this Saturday and August 21.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 5 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 6 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 7 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 8 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 9 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 10 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
Further sessions will be held at Christ the King Church Hall in Haldens on August 14 and August 28.
Each bike-marking event runs from 2pm until 5.30pm.