Promoter Frank Warren impressed by Olympian Billy Joe's pro debut
BOXING promoter Frank Warren heaped praise on Olympian Billy Joe Saunders after his entry into the paid ranks. The 19-year-old from Hatfield beat Hungarian Attila Molnar inside two rounds at the Birmingham NIA last night. It was an assured start by teena
BOXING promoter Frank Warren heaped praise on Olympian Billy Joe Saunders after his entry into the paid ranks.
The 19-year-old from Hatfield beat Hungarian Attila Molnar inside two rounds at the Birmingham NIA last night.
It was an assured start by teenager Saunders in the pro game against a vastly more experience opponent from Eastern Europe.
New trainer Jimmy Tibbs has already gone on record as saying that he feels the Hatfield fighter has what it takes to make it to the very top.
You may also want to watch:
And promoter Warren was equally impressed with his man after last night's opening bout in Birmingham.
Warren feels there are exciting times ahead for Billy Joe and fellow Olympians James DeGale and Frankie Gavin.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
"What he (Billy Joe) showed tonight is that he has a good temperament, which I'm pleased with," said Warren on Sky Sports.
"I think it's going to be a real good time for him in the programme and at the end of the day if he keeps his head focused and keeps his feet on the floor he can get there.