Promoter Frank Warren impressed by Olympian Billy Joe's pro debut
BOXING promoter Frank Warren heaped praise on Olympian Billy Joe Saunders after his entry into the paid ranks. The 19-year-old from Hatfield beat Hungarian Attila Molnar inside two rounds at the Birmingham NIA last night. It was an assured start by teena
BOXING promoter Frank Warren heaped praise on Olympian Billy Joe Saunders after his entry into the paid ranks.
The 19-year-old from Hatfield beat Hungarian Attila Molnar inside two rounds at the Birmingham NIA last night.
It was an assured start by teenager Saunders in the pro game against a vastly more experience opponent from Eastern Europe.
New trainer Jimmy Tibbs has already gone on record as saying that he feels the Hatfield fighter has what it takes to make it to the very top.
And promoter Warren was equally impressed with his man after last night's opening bout in Birmingham.
Warren feels there are exciting times ahead for Billy Joe and fellow Olympians James DeGale and Frankie Gavin.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Cuffley home care company recognised among best in east of England
- 7 Local man will be flying high in an effort to raise much needed funds for Potential Kids
- 8 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 9 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 10 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
"What he (Billy Joe) showed tonight is that he has a good temperament, which I'm pleased with," said Warren on Sky Sports.
"I think it's going to be a real good time for him in the programme and at the end of the day if he keeps his head focused and keeps his feet on the floor he can get there.