Project for homeless youngsters in Hatfield given grant of �10,000
A PROJECT which offers accommodation and training for homeless youngsters has been awarded �10,000. Residents at the Welwyn Hatfield Foyer, located at Goldings House in Link Drive, Hatfield, have been given the money by the
A PROJECT which offers accommodation and training for homeless youngsters has been awarded �10,000.
Residents at the Welwyn Hatfield Foyer, located at Goldings House in Link Drive, Hatfield, have been given the money by the Hertfordshire Children's Trust Partnership to fund a number of training projects, including recording their own EP.
Known as "Project Tower", residents will write and record their own songs on a variety of themes, including friendship, gang culture, violence and dysfunctional families.
The grant will also be used to offer occupants free training sessions in beauty therapy and martial arts.
Of the youngsters involved in the project, Foyer deputy manager Toby Deans said: "We give them a secure base so they can start to develop their talents and interests.
"The Project Tower gives them something to look forward to when they come home from college or work."
- 1 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 2 Snakes abandoned in pillow case outside Potters Bar reptile shop
- 3 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 4 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dancing in the streets at first WGC Vintage Festival
- 7 Children take to the stage for Potters Bar talent show
- 8 Potters Bar RSPCA looking for new homes for farm animals
- 9 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 10 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
He added: "It allows them to build friendships, social confidence and resilience to take the knocks when they come."
The Welwyn Hatfield Foyer is run by Paradigm Housing and offers safe, affordable, staffed accommodation for homeless 16- to 24-year-olds.
For more information about the project, contact Foyer manager Robert Frid at email@example.com