Project for homeless youngsters in Hatfield given grant of �10,000
A PROJECT which offers accommodation and training for homeless youngsters has been awarded �10,000. Residents at the Welwyn Hatfield Foyer, located at Goldings House in Link Drive, Hatfield, have been given the money by the
A PROJECT which offers accommodation and training for homeless youngsters has been awarded �10,000.
Residents at the Welwyn Hatfield Foyer, located at Goldings House in Link Drive, Hatfield, have been given the money by the Hertfordshire Children's Trust Partnership to fund a number of training projects, including recording their own EP.
Known as "Project Tower", residents will write and record their own songs on a variety of themes, including friendship, gang culture, violence and dysfunctional families.
The grant will also be used to offer occupants free training sessions in beauty therapy and martial arts.
You may also want to watch:
Of the youngsters involved in the project, Foyer deputy manager Toby Deans said: "We give them a secure base so they can start to develop their talents and interests.
"The Project Tower gives them something to look forward to when they come home from college or work."
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
He added: "It allows them to build friendships, social confidence and resilience to take the knocks when they come."
The Welwyn Hatfield Foyer is run by Paradigm Housing and offers safe, affordable, staffed accommodation for homeless 16- to 24-year-olds.
For more information about the project, contact Foyer manager Robert Frid at firstname.lastname@example.org