Project for homeless youngsters in Hatfield given grant of �10,000
A PROJECT which offers accommodation and training for homeless youngsters has been awarded �10,000. Residents at the Welwyn Hatfield Foyer, located at Goldings House in Link Drive, Hatfield, have been given the money by the
A PROJECT which offers accommodation and training for homeless youngsters has been awarded �10,000.
Residents at the Welwyn Hatfield Foyer, located at Goldings House in Link Drive, Hatfield, have been given the money by the Hertfordshire Children's Trust Partnership to fund a number of training projects, including recording their own EP.
Known as "Project Tower", residents will write and record their own songs on a variety of themes, including friendship, gang culture, violence and dysfunctional families.
The grant will also be used to offer occupants free training sessions in beauty therapy and martial arts.
Of the youngsters involved in the project, Foyer deputy manager Toby Deans said: "We give them a secure base so they can start to develop their talents and interests.
"The Project Tower gives them something to look forward to when they come home from college or work."
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Council fights for lower housing targets in Local Plan
- 4 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 5 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 6 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 7 Grant Shapps reveals ‘anger’ over ‘unacceptable’ Downing Street parties
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 10 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
He added: "It allows them to build friendships, social confidence and resilience to take the knocks when they come."
The Welwyn Hatfield Foyer is run by Paradigm Housing and offers safe, affordable, staffed accommodation for homeless 16- to 24-year-olds.
For more information about the project, contact Foyer manager Robert Frid at firstname.lastname@example.org