Project for homeless youngsters in Hatfield given grant of �10,000
A PROJECT which offers accommodation and training for homeless youngsters has been awarded �10,000. Residents at the Welwyn Hatfield Foyer, located at Goldings House in Link Drive, Hatfield, have been given the money by the
A PROJECT which offers accommodation and training for homeless youngsters has been awarded �10,000.
Residents at the Welwyn Hatfield Foyer, located at Goldings House in Link Drive, Hatfield, have been given the money by the Hertfordshire Children's Trust Partnership to fund a number of training projects, including recording their own EP.
Known as "Project Tower", residents will write and record their own songs on a variety of themes, including friendship, gang culture, violence and dysfunctional families.
The grant will also be used to offer occupants free training sessions in beauty therapy and martial arts.
You may also want to watch:
Of the youngsters involved in the project, Foyer deputy manager Toby Deans said: "We give them a secure base so they can start to develop their talents and interests.
"The Project Tower gives them something to look forward to when they come home from college or work."
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 3 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
He added: "It allows them to build friendships, social confidence and resilience to take the knocks when they come."
The Welwyn Hatfield Foyer is run by Paradigm Housing and offers safe, affordable, staffed accommodation for homeless 16- to 24-year-olds.
For more information about the project, contact Foyer manager Robert Frid at email@example.com