Probe into Welwyn Garden City airfield crash
AN investigation has been launched after a plane crashed on take off in WGC.
The Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) this week confirmed it was probing the incident, which took place at Panshanger Aerodrome on Tuesday last week.
Referring to the accident, an AAIB spokesman said: “The AAIB are aware of it.
“We are investigating it through correspondence with the pilot.”
A dog walker had a lucky escape in the incident, which saw the plane leave the runway and hit a crash barrier.
You may also want to watch:
Eyewitnesses told the WHT the aircraft had skidded on the landing strip on take-off.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire