Probe into Welwyn Garden City airfield crash
AN investigation has been launched after a plane crashed on take off in WGC.
The Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) this week confirmed it was probing the incident, which took place at Panshanger Aerodrome on Tuesday last week.
Referring to the accident, an AAIB spokesman said: “The AAIB are aware of it.
“We are investigating it through correspondence with the pilot.”
A dog walker had a lucky escape in the incident, which saw the plane leave the runway and hit a crash barrier.
You may also want to watch:
Eyewitnesses told the WHT the aircraft had skidded on the landing strip on take-off.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank