Probe into Welwyn Garden City airfield crash
AN investigation has been launched after a plane crashed on take off in WGC.
The Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) this week confirmed it was probing the incident, which took place at Panshanger Aerodrome on Tuesday last week.
Referring to the accident, an AAIB spokesman said: “The AAIB are aware of it.
“We are investigating it through correspondence with the pilot.”
A dog walker had a lucky escape in the incident, which saw the plane leave the runway and hit a crash barrier.
You may also want to watch:
Eyewitnesses told the WHT the aircraft had skidded on the landing strip on take-off.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 What time will the election results come in?
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off