Probe into Welwyn Garden City airfield crash
AN investigation has been launched after a plane crashed on take off in WGC.
The Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) this week confirmed it was probing the incident, which took place at Panshanger Aerodrome on Tuesday last week.
Referring to the accident, an AAIB spokesman said: “The AAIB are aware of it.
“We are investigating it through correspondence with the pilot.”
A dog walker had a lucky escape in the incident, which saw the plane leave the runway and hit a crash barrier.
You may also want to watch:
Eyewitnesses told the WHT the aircraft had skidded on the landing strip on take-off.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man