Prize winners' work goes on show at Welwyn Garden City gallery
VIEW the work of the prize winners of the New Maynard Gallery s sixth open exhibition now at Campus West, in WGC. Ceramicist Jane Sleator and painter Lorna Brown have had their work on display at the gallery since Friday. Jane makes hand-thrown stonewar
VIEW the work of the prize winners of the New Maynard Gallery's sixth open exhibition now at Campus West, in WGC.
Ceramicist Jane Sleator and painter Lorna Brown have had their work on display at the gallery since Friday.
Jane makes hand-thrown stoneware vessels, shaped to produce unique, naturally flowing forms that combine elegance and functionality.
Her work, based on the trees of Knebworth House, explores interesting contrasts in texture that are inspired by nature.
Lorna is a current Fellow with Digswell Arts Trust.
Her richly painted landscapes and interiors include a series inspired by the 400-year-old farmhouse where she has practised for the past two-and- a-half years.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Council fights for lower housing targets in Local Plan
- 4 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 5 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 6 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 7 Grant Shapps reveals ‘anger’ over ‘unacceptable’ Downing Street parties
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 10 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
From the corridors, creaks and spaces to the grand Yew tree by her studio window, she has sought to capture the pervading sensation of being at the site.
Judge the artists work for yourselves and get down to the exhibition.
It runs until July 18 and is open whenever Campus West is. Admission is free.