Prize winners' work goes on show at Welwyn Garden City gallery
VIEW the work of the prize winners of the New Maynard Gallery s sixth open exhibition now at Campus West, in WGC. Ceramicist Jane Sleator and painter Lorna Brown have had their work on display at the gallery since Friday. Jane makes hand-thrown stonewar
VIEW the work of the prize winners of the New Maynard Gallery's sixth open exhibition now at Campus West, in WGC.
Ceramicist Jane Sleator and painter Lorna Brown have had their work on display at the gallery since Friday.
Jane makes hand-thrown stoneware vessels, shaped to produce unique, naturally flowing forms that combine elegance and functionality.
Her work, based on the trees of Knebworth House, explores interesting contrasts in texture that are inspired by nature.
You may also want to watch:
Lorna is a current Fellow with Digswell Arts Trust.
Her richly painted landscapes and interiors include a series inspired by the 400-year-old farmhouse where she has practised for the past two-and- a-half years.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 5 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 6 Student gets programming with Code Ninjas
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Travel business calls for Grant Shapps visit to ‘see what a travel agent is’
- 9 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
From the corridors, creaks and spaces to the grand Yew tree by her studio window, she has sought to capture the pervading sensation of being at the site.
Judge the artists work for yourselves and get down to the exhibition.
It runs until July 18 and is open whenever Campus West is. Admission is free.