Prince William and Kate Middleton share wedding date with Potters Bar woman
A COUPLE has discovered they will be sharing their wedding day with Prince William and Kate Middleton.
The royal couple have decided to tie the knot at Westminster Abbey on Friday, April 29 – the same date former Potters Bar resident Rebecca Snarey and fiance Stephen Salvatore had already booked for their big day.
But far from feeling like their thunder had been stolen, Stephen and Rebecca couldn’t be happier about the news.
Rebecca, who studied at the Royal Veterinary College, said: “We’re quite happy about it to be honest, because it’s on a Friday it meant there were potentially some guests that wouldn’t be able to make it but now it’s a bank holiday they will all have the day off.
“But we are hoping that we will be the centre of attention at our day rather than the royal couple!”
You may also want to watch:
The happy couple met through the London Scuba Diving Club and have been together for two years.
Stephen, who is a trainee London Ambulance paramedic, proposed to Rebecca earlier this year on the Millennium Bridge in London after a romantic dinner and stroll along the Thames.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
They selected the date of April 29 because they didn’t want a long engagement – but now the date will be remembered in history.
When London and the rest of the world comes to a standstill to watch William and Kate’s wedding next year, Rebecca and Stephen, both aged 24, will be enjoying a somewhat simpler day at an eco-friendly farm location on the Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire border.
And while the future princess is likely to be walking down the aisle in a priceless tiara encrusted with diamonds, Rebecca, who has been studying for a PhD and is about to start a new job as a medical sales representative, has started making her own.
In fact, the creative bride-to-be, who has been making jewellery for a number of years, will be hand-crafting most of her other wedding-related items, including cake toppers and invitations as she has recently started her own wedding business.