Cuffley pastor wins ‘made by God’ sermon of the year
- Credit: Archant
A pastor from Cuffley won the ‘made by God’ sermon of the year this month.
Preach magazine announced that Belfast-born William Wade, a Baptist minister of Life Church, is the winner of Sermon of the Year 2020.
The 49-year-old ex-soldier and missionary to British Forces said he was “absolutely surprised” to win and took inspiration for his sermon from being in service and his life.
“I really enjoyed writing the sermon and hoped that whoever read it would at least be blessed by it,” he said.
Head Judge, Dr Chloe Lynch, lecturer at the London School of Theology, said “William’s sermon demonstrated powerful communication skills and a creative engagement of the theme in the context of some detailed attention to a biblical text.”
You may also want to watch:
For more on the competition and the other finalists please go here preachweb.org/meet-the-finalists.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 7 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack