Practice shows its support
A PRACTICE in Potters Bar has won an award for its support for unpaid carers.
Highview Medical Centre in Potters Bar has been rewarded the joint UK winners of Caring about Carers Award 2010.
The Southgate Road hub was selected by the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) shared the award with the Westgate Medical Practice in Scotland.
Highview Medical Centre is part of Hertsmere Commissioning Ltd and works with other practices in the area to offer support and advice to carers.
Dr Rosie Elder, senior partner, Alison Ritchie, lead GP, and Sherrie Foster, carers champion, received the prize at the ceremony, which was organised by the RCGP in partnership with the Princess Royal Trust, last month at the Victoria Plaza hotel in London.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Elder said: “We are delighted that the RCGP recognise the work that our practice has done to identify and involve carers with all aspects of patient care.
“We realise how important carers are and we hope that by working closely with them that we can make life a little easier for both patient and carer.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The award specifically looks at centres that encourage excellence in recognising, valuing and supporting unpaid carers.
The chairman of the Caring for Carers Adjudication Panel Dr John Dracass MBE added: “The number and quality of the applications for the award was such that the adjudication process proved extremely competitive and you [Highview] and your team are to be congratulated on your success.
“The adjudication panel was particularly impressed with your carers protocol, your carers identification procedures and the evidence of your genuine partnership with carers and the services you provided for them.”