Practice shows its support
A PRACTICE in Potters Bar has won an award for its support for unpaid carers.
Highview Medical Centre in Potters Bar has been rewarded the joint UK winners of Caring about Carers Award 2010.
The Southgate Road hub was selected by the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) shared the award with the Westgate Medical Practice in Scotland.
Highview Medical Centre is part of Hertsmere Commissioning Ltd and works with other practices in the area to offer support and advice to carers.
Dr Rosie Elder, senior partner, Alison Ritchie, lead GP, and Sherrie Foster, carers champion, received the prize at the ceremony, which was organised by the RCGP in partnership with the Princess Royal Trust, last month at the Victoria Plaza hotel in London.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Elder said: “We are delighted that the RCGP recognise the work that our practice has done to identify and involve carers with all aspects of patient care.
“We realise how important carers are and we hope that by working closely with them that we can make life a little easier for both patient and carer.”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
The award specifically looks at centres that encourage excellence in recognising, valuing and supporting unpaid carers.
The chairman of the Caring for Carers Adjudication Panel Dr John Dracass MBE added: “The number and quality of the applications for the award was such that the adjudication process proved extremely competitive and you [Highview] and your team are to be congratulated on your success.
“The adjudication panel was particularly impressed with your carers protocol, your carers identification procedures and the evidence of your genuine partnership with carers and the services you provided for them.”