Potters Bar youngsters in the swim
TROPHIES and cups were the order of the day for youngsters at Dolphin Swimming Club.
Eleven children received top club awards at the AGM with another young swimmer, Megan Hague, being awarded the Joy Bowyer Cup for particular effort and perseverance during the year.
The winners were: Amy Coomes, Mark Dean, Chloe Ferber, Oliver Fosh, Nicholas Gullick, Natasha Gunning, Andrew Heatley, Georgina Hull, Edward Hull, Matthew McArdle, and Shannon McRae.
All prizes were handed out by group scout leader Derek Smith.
The Potters Bar-based club, now in its 41st year, is run for scouts and guides at the Furzefield Leisure Centre pool, with the aim to teach and encourage swimming among young people.
You may also want to watch:
Staff are all volunteers – and there is always a need for more willing helpers poolside.
A spokesman said: “If you are looking for something rewarding to do, the club could do with you!
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
“It would involve just one hour weekly in term-time only.
“Experience, though of course helpful, is not essential. You will be given every assistance.”
If you can lend a hand, call Martin on 01707 850987.