Potters Bar youngsters attend Arsenal training camp
THIRTEEN lucky youngsters from Potters Bar were given the chance to learn new football skills after attending a soccer school organised by Arsenal.
They joined 27 other children from across Hertsmere at the Gunners’ training ground in London Colney where they were taught new techniques by community coaches Davis Rizzolo and Ighor Melo.
The school was organised jointly by the Premier League club and Hertsmere Borough Council.
Cllr Brenda Batten, portfolio holder for leisure, culture and health, said: “It’s great that we can provide these specialist activities in Hertsmere.
“I know the children who have taken part have enjoyed the organised activities and have relished the opportunity to develop their football skills.”
You may also want to watch:
Those who participated took part in a range of matches, as well as focusing on skills development.
Medals were awarded each day to those children who excelled in skills such as passing, dribbling and shooting.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
Everyone who took part also received a certificate and an Arsenal memento.
The next soccer school will take place in Borehamwood during the first week of August.
For more information, or to book a place call Helen Bottomley on 020 8207 7801.