Potters Bar youngsters attend Arsenal training camp
THIRTEEN lucky youngsters from Potters Bar were given the chance to learn new football skills after attending a soccer school organised by Arsenal.
They joined 27 other children from across Hertsmere at the Gunners’ training ground in London Colney where they were taught new techniques by community coaches Davis Rizzolo and Ighor Melo.
The school was organised jointly by the Premier League club and Hertsmere Borough Council.
Cllr Brenda Batten, portfolio holder for leisure, culture and health, said: “It’s great that we can provide these specialist activities in Hertsmere.
“I know the children who have taken part have enjoyed the organised activities and have relished the opportunity to develop their football skills.”
You may also want to watch:
Those who participated took part in a range of matches, as well as focusing on skills development.
Medals were awarded each day to those children who excelled in skills such as passing, dribbling and shooting.
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 10 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
Everyone who took part also received a certificate and an Arsenal memento.
The next soccer school will take place in Borehamwood during the first week of August.
For more information, or to book a place call Helen Bottomley on 020 8207 7801.