Potters Bar women urged to recycle their bras
WOMEN are being asked to support breast cancer research by recycling their unwanted bras. Hertsmere Borough Council has installed bright pink 'bra bins' at two locations in Potters Bar, and is asking as many women as possible to donate. Some of the bras t
WOMEN are being asked to support breast cancer research by recycling their unwanted bras.
Hertsmere Borough Council has installed bright pink 'bra bins' at two locations in Potters Bar, and is asking as many women as possible to donate.
Some of the bras that are collected will be sent to women in poorer countries, while the remainder will be recycled and the money donated to the Breast Cancer Campaign.
Councillor Jean Heywood, environment portfolio holder, said: "This is a fantastic project and it shows that you can recycle just about everything!
You may also want to watch:
"By recycling your bras not only will less waste be sent to landfill but women in poorer countries will benefit and you will be helping to fund research into breast cancer.
"So next time you pop to the shops or the gym, or go to your local recycling centre, take your old bras with you and pop them in one of the pink banks; you really can't miss them!"
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
The bra bins can be found at the Wyllyotts Centre, off Darkes Lane, and at Furzefield Leisure Centre, in Mutton Lane.
Bras need to be bagged up before being deposited in the bins.