Potters Bar women urged to recycle their bras
WOMEN are being asked to support breast cancer research by recycling their unwanted bras. Hertsmere Borough Council has installed bright pink 'bra bins' at two locations in Potters Bar, and is asking as many women as possible to donate. Some of the bras t
WOMEN are being asked to support breast cancer research by recycling their unwanted bras.
Hertsmere Borough Council has installed bright pink 'bra bins' at two locations in Potters Bar, and is asking as many women as possible to donate.
Some of the bras that are collected will be sent to women in poorer countries, while the remainder will be recycled and the money donated to the Breast Cancer Campaign.
Councillor Jean Heywood, environment portfolio holder, said: "This is a fantastic project and it shows that you can recycle just about everything!
You may also want to watch:
"By recycling your bras not only will less waste be sent to landfill but women in poorer countries will benefit and you will be helping to fund research into breast cancer.
"So next time you pop to the shops or the gym, or go to your local recycling centre, take your old bras with you and pop them in one of the pink banks; you really can't miss them!"
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 8 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 9 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
The bra bins can be found at the Wyllyotts Centre, off Darkes Lane, and at Furzefield Leisure Centre, in Mutton Lane.
Bras need to be bagged up before being deposited in the bins.