Potters Bar women urged to recycle their bras
WOMEN are being asked to support breast cancer research by recycling their unwanted bras. Hertsmere Borough Council has installed bright pink 'bra bins' at two locations in Potters Bar, and is asking as many women as possible to donate. Some of the bras t
WOMEN are being asked to support breast cancer research by recycling their unwanted bras.
Hertsmere Borough Council has installed bright pink 'bra bins' at two locations in Potters Bar, and is asking as many women as possible to donate.
Some of the bras that are collected will be sent to women in poorer countries, while the remainder will be recycled and the money donated to the Breast Cancer Campaign.
Councillor Jean Heywood, environment portfolio holder, said: "This is a fantastic project and it shows that you can recycle just about everything!
You may also want to watch:
"By recycling your bras not only will less waste be sent to landfill but women in poorer countries will benefit and you will be helping to fund research into breast cancer.
"So next time you pop to the shops or the gym, or go to your local recycling centre, take your old bras with you and pop them in one of the pink banks; you really can't miss them!"
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
The bra bins can be found at the Wyllyotts Centre, off Darkes Lane, and at Furzefield Leisure Centre, in Mutton Lane.
Bras need to be bagged up before being deposited in the bins.