Potters Bar trampolining club benefits from council grant
A SPORTS club based in Potters Bar can now buy new equipment, thanks to a grant from Hertsmere Borough Council.
Zenith Trampolining Club, which is based at the Furzefield Centre, in Mutton Lane, is set to purchase a new trampoline bed and three safety mattresses after being given �2,144.
Head coach Carole Charters, who lives in Blanche Lane, South Mimms, told the Potters Bar Edition: “We are absolutely delighted.
“It is fantastic news.”
The club, which currently has more than 100 members, was one of three organisations in the borough to receive a cash boost from the council.
You may also want to watch:
And there’s still time left for other voluntary and community groups to benefit.
Cllr Brenda Batten, portfolio holder with responsibility for grants, said: “There are many worthwhile groups out there which provide support and help to our residents, as well as activities and events.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 7 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 8 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Brookmans Park Golf Club delighted with all aspects of a great club championship day
“We appreciate that sometimes they need a helping hand and grants like this can make a real difference.”
To apply for a grant of up to �3,000, call 020 8207 7801, or click on the link, right.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday, September 15.