Potters Bar Town throw away lead against bottom club Hillingdon
POTTERS Bar Town threw away a two-goal advantage at Parkfield to draw 3-3 with bottom club Hillingdon Borough yesterday (Saturday). The Scholars should have claimed their first victory in five games as they led 3-1 with 15 minutes left on the clock. Forwa
POTTERS Bar Town threw away a two-goal advantage at Parkfield to draw 3-3 with bottom club Hillingdon Borough yesterday (Saturday).
The Scholars should have claimed their first victory in five games as they led 3-1 with 15 minutes left on the clock.
Forward Sam Adejokun had given the hosts the lead just before the break.
His debutant strike partner Reece Wilson doubled the advantage just after the interval.
You may also want to watch:
Hillingdon clawed one back through Steve Hale, but Bar looked to have sealed the points when Wilson hit his second making it 3-1.
However, Lucas Williams lashed home from 20 yards to give his Borough side something to chase with 10 minutes to go.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 5 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 6 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
The Ryman League game was in injury time when Hillingdon snatched a Division One North point as Reece Chaudri looped an effort over Bar keeper Richard Wilmot.
* Full report, reaction and photo gallery to come...