Potters Bar Town throw away lead against bottom club Hillingdon
POTTERS Bar Town threw away a two-goal advantage at Parkfield to draw 3-3 with bottom club Hillingdon Borough yesterday (Saturday). The Scholars should have claimed their first victory in five games as they led 3-1 with 15 minutes left on the clock. Forwa
POTTERS Bar Town threw away a two-goal advantage at Parkfield to draw 3-3 with bottom club Hillingdon Borough yesterday (Saturday).
The Scholars should have claimed their first victory in five games as they led 3-1 with 15 minutes left on the clock.
Forward Sam Adejokun had given the hosts the lead just before the break.
His debutant strike partner Reece Wilson doubled the advantage just after the interval.
Hillingdon clawed one back through Steve Hale, but Bar looked to have sealed the points when Wilson hit his second making it 3-1.
However, Lucas Williams lashed home from 20 yards to give his Borough side something to chase with 10 minutes to go.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 4 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 5 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 6 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 7 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 8 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
The Ryman League game was in injury time when Hillingdon snatched a Division One North point as Reece Chaudri looped an effort over Bar keeper Richard Wilmot.
* Full report, reaction and photo gallery to come...