Potters Bar teenager Henri captains England against Spain
POTTERS Bar teenager Henri Lansbury was the England U19 captain on Tuesday as his side lost 3-0 to Spain U19s in a friendly. The young Arsenal midfielder, who is currently on loan to League One side Scunthorpe United, could do little to stop England slipp
POTTERS Bar teenager Henri Lansbury was the England U19 captain on Tuesday as his side lost 3-0 to Spain U19s in a friendly.
The young Arsenal midfielder, who is currently on loan to League One side Scunthorpe United, could do little to stop England slipping to defeat at AFC Bournemouth's Dean Court stadium.
Lansbury, who attended Chancellor's School in Brookmans Park, and his team-mates were one down after five minutes when Lago Falque netted the opener.
It was 2-0 before the break as Jordi Pablo struck.
You may also want to watch:
Substitute Raul Ruiz hit the third just after the hour to seal the Spanish victory.
Alongside Lansbury in the England line-up were his Arsenal team-mate Jack Wilshere, Everton's FA Cup goalscoring hero Dan Gosling and Aston Villa striker Nathan Delfouneso.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan