Potters Bar teenager Henri captains England against Spain
POTTERS Bar teenager Henri Lansbury was the England U19 captain on Tuesday as his side lost 3-0 to Spain U19s in a friendly. The young Arsenal midfielder, who is currently on loan to League One side Scunthorpe United, could do little to stop England slipp
POTTERS Bar teenager Henri Lansbury was the England U19 captain on Tuesday as his side lost 3-0 to Spain U19s in a friendly.
The young Arsenal midfielder, who is currently on loan to League One side Scunthorpe United, could do little to stop England slipping to defeat at AFC Bournemouth's Dean Court stadium.
Lansbury, who attended Chancellor's School in Brookmans Park, and his team-mates were one down after five minutes when Lago Falque netted the opener.
It was 2-0 before the break as Jordi Pablo struck.
You may also want to watch:
Substitute Raul Ruiz hit the third just after the hour to seal the Spanish victory.
Alongside Lansbury in the England line-up were his Arsenal team-mate Jack Wilshere, Everton's FA Cup goalscoring hero Dan Gosling and Aston Villa striker Nathan Delfouneso.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield