Potters Bar teenager Henri captains England against Spain
POTTERS Bar teenager Henri Lansbury was the England U19 captain on Tuesday as his side lost 3-0 to Spain U19s in a friendly. The young Arsenal midfielder, who is currently on loan to League One side Scunthorpe United, could do little to stop England slipp
POTTERS Bar teenager Henri Lansbury was the England U19 captain on Tuesday as his side lost 3-0 to Spain U19s in a friendly.
The young Arsenal midfielder, who is currently on loan to League One side Scunthorpe United, could do little to stop England slipping to defeat at AFC Bournemouth's Dean Court stadium.
Lansbury, who attended Chancellor's School in Brookmans Park, and his team-mates were one down after five minutes when Lago Falque netted the opener.
It was 2-0 before the break as Jordi Pablo struck.
You may also want to watch:
Substitute Raul Ruiz hit the third just after the hour to seal the Spanish victory.
Alongside Lansbury in the England line-up were his Arsenal team-mate Jack Wilshere, Everton's FA Cup goalscoring hero Dan Gosling and Aston Villa striker Nathan Delfouneso.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued