Potters Bar students hold charity fashion show for earthquake victims
A CHARITY fashion show and auction staged in Potters Bar raised more than �1,000 to help the victims of the Haiti earthquake.
The event, which was staged at Mount Grace School in Church Road, saw students and staff model more than 60 items of clothes and accessories that had been donated by the Arcadia Group.
Around 180 people watched the show, before bidding on the items they had seen.
Assistant headteacher Nancy Hone said: “The evening was a great success.
“More than �1,100 was raised, which will be added to the �800 that students have already raised for this very worthy cause this year.”
You may also want to watch:
All the proceeds from the event will go to the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC), which is co-ordinating humanitarian efforts in the wake of January’s earthquake in Haiti.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?