Potters Bar sports club seeks new members
A SPORTS club based in Potters Bar is looking to recruit new members after agreeing to open for an additional 12 days each year.
Potters Bar Petanque Players, who play at Oakmere Park, have always played on Sunday mornings and Tuesday afternoons.
But now they will also be playing between 2pm and 4pm on the first Saturday of each month – and are looking to generate as much interest from the community as possible.
Club chairman Michael Penn said: “We have a membership of over 30 but always welcome new members.
“Previous experience is not necessary as you will be taught by existing members.”
You may also want to watch:
Petanque is a form of boules which originated in Provence, France, in 1907.
The first Saturday session, which took place on April 3, saw Oakmere councillor Tugay Sevincli, pictured, throw the first boule.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 4 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
If you are interested in joining the Potters Bar Players, call Michael on 01707 654606