Potters Bar sports club seeks new members
A SPORTS club based in Potters Bar is looking to recruit new members after agreeing to open for an additional 12 days each year.
Potters Bar Petanque Players, who play at Oakmere Park, have always played on Sunday mornings and Tuesday afternoons.
But now they will also be playing between 2pm and 4pm on the first Saturday of each month – and are looking to generate as much interest from the community as possible.
Club chairman Michael Penn said: “We have a membership of over 30 but always welcome new members.
“Previous experience is not necessary as you will be taught by existing members.”
You may also want to watch:
Petanque is a form of boules which originated in Provence, France, in 1907.
The first Saturday session, which took place on April 3, saw Oakmere councillor Tugay Sevincli, pictured, throw the first boule.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn
If you are interested in joining the Potters Bar Players, call Michael on 01707 654606