Potters Bar skier races at National Championships
POTTERS Bar s Daniel Poth enjoyed a great week s ski racing at the British National Ski Race Championships at the sun-soaked French resort of Meribel. Having already won a bronze medal in the Under-13 Scottish Alpine Slalom Championships which were held i
POTTERS Bar's Daniel Poth enjoyed a great week's ski racing at the British National Ski Race Championships at the sun-soaked French resort of Meribel.
Having already won a bronze medal in the Under-13 Scottish Alpine Slalom Championships which were held in Courchevel previously, the 13-year-old made it a terrific triple at the British National Land Championships.
The first was a well-earned third podium place in the Under-13 Super Giant Slalom and then the following day Daniel again achieved a third podium place in the Giant Slalom race.
In the fiercely contested Under-13 Boys age group the title of overall champion depended on who could carry the greatest number of wins during the Championship in each discipline.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel's combined results placed him as the third placed Under-13 Combined Ski Race Champion.
The Mount Grace School pupil said of his achievements: "I am really, really pleased with my results.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
"I didn't have as much time training out on the snow as I would have liked preparing for these races, mainly due to the costs involved.
"But I am delighted to have skied so well, especially against boys that are in the British team."
Daniel is a member of Team Slalom Plus and Hemel Ski Race Club.
He is looking forward to training in the brand new Indoor Snow Centre in Hemel Hempstead, which will officially open on May 6.
Daniel's family have been financing both him and his younger brother Robert with their Olympic ski-racing dreams to date.
They would like to appeal for any local businesses who may be interested to help generate financial support through possible sponsorship.
If you, or you know someone who is interested, please contact 07879 278065.