Potters Bar skier races at National Championships
POTTERS Bar s Daniel Poth enjoyed a great week s ski racing at the British National Ski Race Championships at the sun-soaked French resort of Meribel. Having already won a bronze medal in the Under-13 Scottish Alpine Slalom Championships which were held i
POTTERS Bar's Daniel Poth enjoyed a great week's ski racing at the British National Ski Race Championships at the sun-soaked French resort of Meribel.
Having already won a bronze medal in the Under-13 Scottish Alpine Slalom Championships which were held in Courchevel previously, the 13-year-old made it a terrific triple at the British National Land Championships.
The first was a well-earned third podium place in the Under-13 Super Giant Slalom and then the following day Daniel again achieved a third podium place in the Giant Slalom race.
In the fiercely contested Under-13 Boys age group the title of overall champion depended on who could carry the greatest number of wins during the Championship in each discipline.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel's combined results placed him as the third placed Under-13 Combined Ski Race Champion.
The Mount Grace School pupil said of his achievements: "I am really, really pleased with my results.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
"I didn't have as much time training out on the snow as I would have liked preparing for these races, mainly due to the costs involved.
"But I am delighted to have skied so well, especially against boys that are in the British team."
Daniel is a member of Team Slalom Plus and Hemel Ski Race Club.
He is looking forward to training in the brand new Indoor Snow Centre in Hemel Hempstead, which will officially open on May 6.
Daniel's family have been financing both him and his younger brother Robert with their Olympic ski-racing dreams to date.
They would like to appeal for any local businesses who may be interested to help generate financial support through possible sponsorship.
If you, or you know someone who is interested, please contact 07879 278065.