Potters Bar skate park extension officially opened
THE long-anticipated extension to a Potters Bar skate park, built in memory of schoolboy Tomer Allen-Price, has been opened. More than 200 people turned out for the unveiling of the park s new revamp, next to the Furzefield Leisure Centre in Mutton Lane
THE long-anticipated extension to a Potters Bar skate park, built in memory of schoolboy Tomer Allen-Price, has been opened.
More than 200 people turned out for the unveiling of the park's new revamp, next to the Furzefield Leisure Centre in Mutton Lane.
Professional skateboarders and BMXers performed demonstrations around the new bowl extension - a design chosen by young skaters and bikers who use the park. Hertsmere mayor Sandra Parnell spoke at the opening, almost exactly three years since Tomer's tragic death.
On June 13 2006, the Chancellor's pupil was killed in a car crash on Hawkshead Road, Welham Green, on the way to school.
You may also want to watch:
Since then his mum Jane, dad Jeremy and brother Frankie set out to raise the money needed to improve the Furzefield skate park that Tomer, a keen BMX rider, used to frequent.
Funds for the �45,000 project were raised through auctions, car boot sales, and donations from Hertsmere Borough Council and the Potters Bar Carnival Committee.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 7 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
Jeremy said: "It was a brilliant day, and extremely well attended.
"It was a pleasure to finally launch a lasting tribute to Tomer.