Potters Bar school issues warning after accosting of 12-year-old girl
- Credit: Google Street View. Google Street View.
Police are appealing for information after a 12-year-old girl was asked if she would like a lift in Potters Bar.
Police were called at 8.33am yesterday following reports of a suspicious incident in Oakmere Lane, Potters Bar.
A police spokeswoman said: “It was reported that a 12-year-old girl was approached by a number of people in a small black car.
“A man was driving the vehicle and there were two passengers - a woman and a younger girl.
“The woman asked the girl, who was walking along the pavement near to the junction with Chace Avenue, whether she was okay and if she would like a lift.
You may also want to watch:
“The girl declined and the car left the scene.
“No threats were made towards the girl at any point and none of the car’s occupants attempted to exit the vehicle during the incident.”
- 1 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 2 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 3 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 8 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
- 9 Multiple fines issued to partygoers at 'dangerous' music event
- 10 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
Local Safer Neighbourhood Team officers have been made aware and are now trying to trace those involved to establish the circumstances around the incident.
If you have any information which could assist the police, call 101 quoting ISR 135 of September 12.
Mount Grace School has also issued the following statement to parents: “We would like to make you aware of an incident which happened on the morning of 12th September.
“A female student from Mount Grace School was stopped by a driver in a black Peugeot car and offered a lift.
“The incident took place on Oakmere Lane prior to 8.30am.
“The police are investigating the incident but students need to be warned about the dangers surrounding this incident.”