Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
- Credit: Mount Grace School
A Potters Bar school's gym has been demolished this week to make room for a new sports hall.
Mount Grace School's girl's gym was taken down this week to make space for a new facility which will be built in its place over the next few months, which will contain a new purpose-built sports hall, changing room and studio space.
The now demolished gym and the boy's gym at the school date back to the 1950s, around when the school itself was opened.
Changes such as the old boiler room being moved and a new entrance being built for access to the boys’ gym were previously completed, which allowed the builders to proceed with the scheduled demolition.
A video of the demolition will be uploaded to the school YouTube channel and website.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking at a consultation back in January 2020 headteacher Nancy Simpson said the new gym will "broaden the range of sports we can do" and will be available to the local community.
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 5 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 6 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 7 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 8 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?