Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
- Credit: Mount Grace School
A Potters Bar school's gym has been demolished this week to make room for a new sports hall.
Mount Grace School's girl's gym was taken down this week to make space for a new facility which will be built in its place over the next few months, which will contain a new purpose-built sports hall, changing room and studio space.
The now demolished gym and the boy's gym at the school date back to the 1950s, around when the school itself was opened.
Changes such as the old boiler room being moved and a new entrance being built for access to the boys’ gym were previously completed, which allowed the builders to proceed with the scheduled demolition.
A video of the demolition will be uploaded to the school YouTube channel and website.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking at a consultation back in January 2020 headteacher Nancy Simpson said the new gym will "broaden the range of sports we can do" and will be available to the local community.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 6 Police disperse large group near the university
- 7 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 8 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 9 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone