Potters Bar Sainsbury’s names Charity of the Year
A POTTERS Bar supermarket has announced its new charity of the year.
Over the next 12 months, Sainsbury’s in Darkes Lane will be raising money for the Herts Young Homeless Group (HYHG), which supports young people in the county who are at risk of homelessness.
The store hopes to raise �2,500 for the charity, based in Salisbury Square, Old Hatfield.
The fundraising kicked off at the recent Potters Bar Carnival, with all money raised from the Sainsbury’s stall going to HYHG.
Sainsbury’s store manager Suzanne Kara said: “Herts Young Homeless Group is such a worthy cause and we’re pleased and proud to be supporting it over the next 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re calling on all our customers to join our staff in reaching our year-long target of �2,500. �1,000 would pay for sessions of mediation for a family, saving thousands in the long term of preventing homelessness.”
Jennie Rawlings, of HYHG, said: “We’re really excited to be partnering with Sainsbury’s Potters Bar and have already been getting our heads together to think of ways to raise money to help our charity to make a difference to people living in Hertfordshire.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say