Potters Bar Sainsbury’s names Charity of the Year
A POTTERS Bar supermarket has announced its new charity of the year.
Over the next 12 months, Sainsbury’s in Darkes Lane will be raising money for the Herts Young Homeless Group (HYHG), which supports young people in the county who are at risk of homelessness.
The store hopes to raise �2,500 for the charity, based in Salisbury Square, Old Hatfield.
The fundraising kicked off at the recent Potters Bar Carnival, with all money raised from the Sainsbury’s stall going to HYHG.
Sainsbury’s store manager Suzanne Kara said: “Herts Young Homeless Group is such a worthy cause and we’re pleased and proud to be supporting it over the next 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re calling on all our customers to join our staff in reaching our year-long target of �2,500. �1,000 would pay for sessions of mediation for a family, saving thousands in the long term of preventing homelessness.”
Jennie Rawlings, of HYHG, said: “We’re really excited to be partnering with Sainsbury’s Potters Bar and have already been getting our heads together to think of ways to raise money to help our charity to make a difference to people living in Hertfordshire.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses