Potters Bar sailing superkid to fly solo around the world
SAILING prodigy Michael Perham today (Friday) announced his next record-breaking challenge.
At Farnborough Air Show this afternoon, 18-year-old Michael, of Oakroyd Avenue in Potters Bar, revealed his ambitious plans to become the youngest person to fly solo around the world.
The three-month long challenge, across 18 countries and adjudicated by the F�d�ration A�ronautique Internationale, will begin next spring.
If he succeeds, Michael – who is training with Cabair Flying School at Elstree Aerodrome – will become the first person to solo circumnavigate the earth by sailing and flying.
The teenager aims to challenge the current record-holder, Barrington Irving from the USA, who flew solo around the world at the age of 23.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, aged 17, Michael became the Guinness World record-holder for youngest person to sail single-handedly around the world.
He set his first record aged 14, when he became the youngest person to sail across the Atlantic unaided.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton