Potters Bar sailing superkid to fly solo around the world
SAILING prodigy Michael Perham today (Friday) announced his next record-breaking challenge.
At Farnborough Air Show this afternoon, 18-year-old Michael, of Oakroyd Avenue in Potters Bar, revealed his ambitious plans to become the youngest person to fly solo around the world.
The three-month long challenge, across 18 countries and adjudicated by the F�d�ration A�ronautique Internationale, will begin next spring.
If he succeeds, Michael – who is training with Cabair Flying School at Elstree Aerodrome – will become the first person to solo circumnavigate the earth by sailing and flying.
The teenager aims to challenge the current record-holder, Barrington Irving from the USA, who flew solo around the world at the age of 23.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, aged 17, Michael became the Guinness World record-holder for youngest person to sail single-handedly around the world.
He set his first record aged 14, when he became the youngest person to sail across the Atlantic unaided.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home